Friday, March 23, 2012

We're a photogenic little family


 I love this picture. It cracks me up.  We wanted a nice little family snapshot at Evelyn's birthday party and she, being a gracious hostess, was more interested in visiting with her guests and let us know she was done.  I thought it would be fun to go back and compile some of our family pictures from this past year.  They're pretty great.

I thought I'd do a mushy post about the past year with Evelyn at some point around the one-year mark, but I'm just not feeling it.  I'm not one of those people who says I've found my whole purpose in motherhood--I feel like that puts way too much pressure on her chubby little shoulders as well as mine--but I have to say that life has been simpler, harder, crazier, richer, sweeter, and just better since this little creature danced into our lives.

We love our life, and we've loved it so much more since she's come to play.

I'm pretty sure it shows.

First family photo ever.


















3 comments:

arkansaseden said...

I am jealous of your nice family pictures. No one is kicking and flailing! No one looks angry about the kicking and flailing! Also, no one is pulling out a wedgie, asleep, or otherwise incapable of behaving properly in front of a camera!

Also, your hair looks really pretty.

Jen said...

Ha! Look back--Evelyn is doing more than one of those things in several pictures! Cody and I try to behave...and succeed most of the time. And thank you!

Christi said...

Your little family is beautiful!