|The only reason she's smiling is because a group of strangers walked by.|
Go shopping with Cody
Ironing. I didn't do it and I don't feel bad about that.
Family trip to the library. We didn't do it, but we will some time soon. We did take a family picture on Saturday, though!
|We don't take enough pictures of the 3 of us. I like that it looks like Evelyn was holding the camera.|
Wearing jeans. Enjoying my eleven-month-old for the last weekend before she turns 1. Drinking coffee. Spring time. Stuff. Yes.
Also: here is Evelyn wearing one of those smocked dresses (!!!) and playing with birthday presents. The eggs and duck are from my supervisor and the clock is from Uncle Charlie and Faith! They came by in the afternoon to give Evelyn the Fisher Price clock. I wound it up and then we nearly fell asleep where we sat. Man. That little music box song is quite the powerful sedative.
|THERE ARE SAILBOATS ON THE DRESS AND IT HAS A SASH!|
Also: I finished knitting a French press cozy! Don't laugh. It kept the coffee warm for over an hour! Also: we were fancy and drank the last of our French press coffee on Sunday morning when we (finally) woke up.
Other noteworthy weekend things:
- washing, drying, and folding laundry before Evelyn woke up on Saturday
- dusting off Cody's old cell phone and making it mine after Evelyn killed my current one. Just annihilated it
- walking through the neighborhood on Saturday evening and feeling like we 'beat' the rain on Sunday
- sleeping for what felt like forever because of the time change and rainy darkness and missing church. If we keep this up, Evelyn's going to think church is a waiting room where people sing
- taking dozens of pictures of Evelyn eating a pancake
- finding Evelyn's first ever birthday card in the mail! It was from Mamaw Myrtle! Naturally
- a Sunday night date with Cody where we watched television on DVD and ate ice cream and brownies