Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I'm going to talk about this sweater forever.

Last night I zipped Evelyn into her little sweater and rolled up her sleeves while she flopped around in Cody's arms.  Then I stepped back and beamed at her, shouting "YOU LOOK ADORABLE! MOMMY IS SO PROUD! AND TALENTED!"

After unraveling the second sweater I wanted to make for her just that afternoon, I needed the boost. She'll be able to wear this for a while, and I'm incredibly happy that the first sweater I've ever made fits well and looks cute on her (it includes the second zipper I've ever sewn into anything and I think it's a success also). 

Also, she doesn't seem to hate the feel of the yarn (bamboo/wool mix. I was hoping it wouldn't be scratchy and it's not).  I was very afraid of that.  But she seems fine with the sweater!

I made it!  She wears it!  What a smashing success!

I didn't have time to take a picture last night, so here we are on Sunday morning in our pajamas:


Yup, Mommy is pretty proud.

1 comment:

Mom2Four said...

I am VERY proud of you!! That is an amazing feat and you pulled it off beautifully.

You have come so far in your knitting so quickly. Evelyn was a great motivator!!!

Awesome job, Sweetie!!!