Tuesday, January 3, 2012

First post of 2012

Hello and Happy New Year!

I know it's late.

I hope you had a good time.

We went to bed around 10ish and I got up with Evelyn once or twice.

Then I took down our Christmas decorations and we stocked up on baby food and bought a TV with Christmas money.  Also, I pitched a mild fit because the donut store was closed and donuts are supposed to bring you good luck on New Year's Day.  Also, I love donuts.

We had some the next day.

I enjoyed my extra day at home.  I didn't document much of it and it wouldn't matter if I had because I left the camera at home and (pray for me) have misplaced the camera cord.  How exciting.

I did some shopping and a lot of feeding Evelyn--both milk and baby food--and some walking around outside while the weather was pleasant.  Once the weather was unpleasant, I put her in a snowsuit that makes her look like a little brown bear and we still went for an evening walk. 

We both need our daily walks to stay pleasant and sane.

There are pictures of the bear suit.  They're all adorable.

Cody made cupcakes with the mixer and told me to do it myself when I told him he wasn't using enough icing on them.  I'll take care of it tonight.

Cody also made cheese because he told a waitress at work that he would.  Then Evelyn was born and he didn't get around to it.  I took a few pictures of the process, but it wasn't a step-by-step thing because Evelyn and I had a walk to take.  When I would take a picture, he'd look at me nervously and ask "Are you going to post about this?"  Apparently cheese-making is not something he wants me to talk about much.

Evelyn was sometimes pleasant, but not as much as usual.  She wasn't feeling her best and sleep was hard to catch, even when she wanted to.  So I found myself doing things like sitting in a Target parking lot for nearly an hour because she'd fallen asleep on the drive there and I didn't want to wake her (glad I brought a book), or holding her while I sat on the couch....and fell asleep myself.  She was a little more rested since I was there to soothe her back to sleep every time she jerked awake too soon.

Don't judge.  Just think about how bad you felt whenever your braces were adjusted.  I'm sure she feels worse.

The saddest part is that she still has nothing to show for her suffering.  I thought I saw a tooth in Wal-Mart and freaked out, but it was just a spit bubble on her sad gum.  On the plus side, the nice couple behind us are her new best friends.  She was seriously talking to them and waving a lot.  Such a friendly girl.  She also grinned a lot at the ladies in the yarn store.

She does this thing now when she wrinkles her nose so her grin can be even bigger.  I don't have a picture of it yet, but it's cute.

Don't worry, when I do get pictures of that big ol' smile you'll see it on here.

Just as soon as I find the camera cord.

It's comforting to know that some things don't change too much in the new year, right?

Sure.

No comments: