Monday, January 23, 2012

Cody and I went on a date

We took Evelyn to her Gram's house and ate at a fancy Italian restaurant we've passed a million times in the past 3 years.  We've always said "We should eat there some time" and then we wouldn't because it's expensive.  But we wanted a date and so we went and it was delicious.  And yes, expensive.   

I wore my date dress and Cody wore an ironed shirt.  He had a glass of wine and we laughed and talked and I think I might have even tried to flirt.  Then we picked up our girl and I picked up some coffee on the way home. 

We also celebrated 8 years of being together.

Baby.

Pork chop.

Coffee.

Settling in for the night with Downton Abbey on DVD.

There was a lot to celebrate, and I'm glad we did.

It's been a big year.

(Obviously.)

We've had a baby, bought furniture, and enjoyed the good things in life much more than I thought we could.

Things like a baby, a cozy home, and coffee dates make life very good indeed and make me glad I've spent the last 8 years with Cody.  I look forward to many, many more.

Happy anniversary to us!

2 comments:

Laine said...

Happy Anniversary to you two! You kids are fancy-schmancy in your old age!

Anonymous said...

I just love it that Laine can spell schmancy! Happy Anniversary!
DAD