Thursday, December 1, 2011

Cuteness in everything

After 2 nights of glorious, back-to-back all-night sleeping, Evelyn fell off the wagon. 

To be more accurate, it was more like she jumped right off the wagon and then found the horses pulling it, and gummed them to death.  Then she kept climbing over their slobbery dead bodies while squealing and grinning.

She's an odd one, that creature.

She skipped her afternoon nap, and fell asleep more than an hour later than she usually does.

Naturally, this happened when I was really tired and not feeling so great.

I fed her and put her in bed at 10.  Fine.

I got up at 1ish and fed her and put her back in her bed.  Fine.

I got up at 4 and fed her and....took her to our bed.

It happens.  Especially when it's evident that she's not feeling all that sleepy and I am the very embodiment of sleepy.  This backache is not my friend and the positions I've been assuming to sit and nurse this squirmer lately have not been helping.  So I went to bed, got at least a little more rest that I would have if I'd been on the couch, and fed and snuggled Evelyn (who, thanks to her gums, isn't feeling her best either).

Then I overslept.

The upside to this whole thing?

This:


I like that they're sleeping with their arms in the same position.  They're so lovely together.

Also: I was completely prepared to hit "publish" on this post before I remembered that there are actually a few things Cody prefer I not have out there for the Internet to see.  So I sent him a text to ask if he minded if I put a picture of him sleeping on here.  He immediately wrote back that it didn't bother him, but he did want to check with Evelyn to see if she was okay with it.

A minute or two later, he texted me again to say that she said it was fine.

Well, good.

Because I thought you needed to see them being all adorable.

No comments: