Sunday, November 27, 2011

Remember me?

Hey there, remember when I didn't write anything for about a week and a half and you probably forgot I existed?

Wasn't that awesome?

I thought so.

The time hasn't all been busy, but it has been full and I've been working on things and doing life.  Just doing life can be pretty involved and fun when I'm not thinking about how to tell you about it later, or trying to catch everything with the camera.

Just life is usually enough.

Time spent blogging is time I don't spend making presents, loving on Evelyn, or loading the dishwasher.  So lately it's been the first thing to go when I'm desperately trying to make some more time for this life business.  And I've liked that.

But Evelyn's napping right now, and I felt like telling you that things are just fine over here.

Evelyn had her very first sleepover with Dicy last weekend and Cody and I had our very first night without her.  Everyone had a blast!

Evelyn at Dicy's, fake-coughing and enjoying CMT.  She's wearing her "I [heart] Going to Grandma's" pajamas.
Sometimes, Evelyn eats little pieces of cereal.  But that's about it.  Yes, we have tried many things.  Please do not offer suggestions.  I know about rice cereal.  And boiling fruit or vegetables and mashing it with a fork.  And that I can freeze it in ice cubes.  This is just going to take some repetition. Soul-numbing, fruitless, time-consuming, messy repetition.  In the meantime, I'll be eating and drinking everything in sight.

Speaking of eating and drinking everything in sight, Thanksgiving was a lot of fun!  We had Thanksgiving #1 at Cody's Memaw's house and Evelyn was a friendly and sleepy girl--she skipped her morning nap because she was just so excited about the big day!  Or something.

 
Also, half the people there held Evelyn.  So she had a really great time!


Thanksgiving #2 was our first big holiday at Sara and Chad's new house!  Evelyn and Zoe the Dog are now best friends, and I remembered to bring out Evelyn's cute turkey bib for this event.

Evelyn and Zoe were in constant motion.
Sara the Hostess.  And our lovely spread.

Evelyn's seasonally appropriate bib....and my dirty lens.

Did I ever tell you we bought a new bed for Evelyn?  We did. It turns out her weird sleep issues were almost entirely mattress-related.  Silly girl.  I'll tell you all about it sometime, especially once I take some pictures of the bed.  Which I haven't done yet because the light is never good in her room, or anywhere else.

It's cloudy and dark all the time!  Walks outside have been too few and far between these days.

In addition to grabbing those little rice puff thingies, Evelyn can pull up on things (everything) and stand like a big girl!  Alas, she hasn't figured out how to get back down most of the time.  So she either falls down and cries (but not always) or we eventually just sit her down on her booty and she cries (again, not always).




Standing up makes her look astonishingly tall.

Cody and I are fine as well.  A little sleepy, a little frazzled, but enjoying the holiday break from work.  And we're enjoying Evelyn.  She's a likeable little thing, usually, and she seems to like us back.

Also, I have a lovely dental crown that looks very natural and slightly coffee-stained.  It's a beauty.

So. I think you're caught up now!  I hope you had a happy Thanksgiving.

Here we are, being just great.

1 comment:

Laine said...

Favorite part of this post: her baby sweatpants, with her baby belly hanging over her waistband.