Monday, October 24, 2011

A little bit of our weekend in pictures

 Playing with Evelyn on Saturday morning.


I've started waking her up earlier in the mornings so she'll have a morning nap and an afternoon nap so she'll sleep better at night.



We bought a pumpkin at the farmers market. Evelyn misunderstood when the girl at the booth told me it was an eating pumpkin and went straight for the stem.  Please note that she is wearing Razorback clothes in order to help them win.

The three of us went for a walk Saturday evening...

...and stopped by a fountain that Evelyn loves.  Then we retraced our steps over most of the neighborhood looking for her missing sock.  We found it!

On Sunday, we walked across the Clinton bridge.
And I wore Ms. Clingy 2011 in the sling rather than pushing her in the stroller.  I think it helped! We definitely kept each other warm and there was a lot more kissing than there is with a stroller.  Always a plus.


Not pictured: the date Cody and I wound up having while I drove for over an hour after church because Evelyn was asleep and we felt like drinking coffee and hitting the road on a cloudy day, Evelyn making friends with everyone in the world, my pedicure, all the produce from the farmers market, checking on Jessi and her injured back when Cody brought her spaghetti, and Evelyn sleeping in her basket.  Yes, the basket she slept in as a newborn.  Whatever works.

Favorite part of the weekend: a tie between the unexpected driving date and our stroll that turned into a five-mile (I'm telling you, it was!) hike through two downtowns. 

Most startling discovery: measuring Evelyn and finding out that she's 27 inches long.
Maybe I shouldn't have been quite so surprised.  Growing so much can make you pretty sleepy.

1 comment:

Laine said...

I was going to say that she looks crazy long in that sleep sack picture.

And, I love that picture of you and Evelyn on the bridge, you both look so pretty! And, I really like that dress. Y'all are fancy girls.