Monday, October 3, 2011

Anniversary post for 5 years and so much more

Loves of my life.

I've tried to write this post 2 or 3 times already.  
I tried to do a year-in-review style post and it just came out whiny and sad and happily spastic all at once.

Cody doesn't care if I let you know whether we're happy or not.

I'm not too worried about it, either.

BUT: I want to be able to look back and have some kind of record about our lives right now, 
however incoherent and inadequate.

So.

We are happy to be married.  We try to be each others biggest supporter.  We make each other laugh through hard times.  We celebrate good things.  Sometimes we hold hands.

My favorite thing about being married to Cody is that I'm with the guy who thinks he has the best life ever because Evelyn and I are in it.  

He bakes bread and he reads Scripture to our daughter and he tells us both that we're pretty.  Mostly, though, he tells Evelyn.  I love hearing him exclaim "You look soooo beautiful, girl!" when he dresses her in a sleeper that says "Daddy's little girl" on the front (in glitter!). 

He's the champion of batch cooking.  I keep the fridge organized.

We tell each other the minutiae of our days.  We go for walks.

Life has never been busier or better.

Our life is rich and full and beautiful. 

Cody is truly my partner and I'm so glad that we've spent this last year of adventure together.

We have a home.

We have our books.

We have good food.

We have our daughter.

We have each other.

We're happy.















3 comments:

craftygirl83 said...

What a beautiful family you have! Happy anniversary! :)

Alana said...

Love you guys!

Laine said...

Five years and a pretty little happy baby? Y'all are living a beautiful, charmed little sitcom over there! Happy Anniversary!