Wednesday, August 3, 2011

projects and plans

A really pretty afghan at Yarniverse the last time I went (June 2011)

All I can think about is knitting right now.  I just want to sit and knit and actually be able to follow patterns for hats.  I'm currently working on 4 hats.

"But, Jen!" you'll exclaim with dismay, "What about Evelyn?!  Why are you not talking about her?!  Where are the pictures of her?!  What are her new tricks?"

And to you, I say: shush.  All I want to do is knit.  And my daughter does not do tricks like a circus pony.  She learns skills and I know being able to put a pacifier in her mouth with her very own hand is an important one. 

And someday she'll have a hat.  And I'll have a hat.  And maybe we'll have matching hats this winter.


Because she's certainly outgrown this one.

But for now, all I want to do is knit even if I have written yet another post about my little girl, with a lovely accompanying picture. 

Don't worry.  The day I knit Evelyn a hat, there will quite the post.  There will be lots of pictures and the majority of them will be of a blurry, smiling girl trying to pull a beautiful hand-knitted hat off her wild-haired head so she can eat it.  It will be a lovely post indeed.

No comments: