Thursday, July 14, 2011

Kelly Bisby came to visit

Kelly Bisby came to town!

Her name isn't Kelly Bisby anymore, but it doesn't matter.  She sometimes sends me mail addressed to my maiden name.

She met Evelyn and they were immediate friends.  Evelyn quickly caught on to the fact that Kelly is hilarious.  Kelly talked. Evelyn laughed.

Kelly touched Evelyn's feet.  Evelyn laughed.

Kelly laughed.  Evelyn laughed.

And on and on.

Kelly told Mom and me about her work, her blogging, her drive down.




 

 

Then we went to Kierre's so that Cody could also see Kelly.  She's a big deal.


And Jessi joined us!
 


It was a lovely girls' night.  Even though there wasn't enough time.  We didn't even get to hear about her family!  We did get to hear about how she likes married life, and then the three of us tried to catch one another up on college gossip.  We talked about babies (mostly just Evelyn), and work, and relationships, and plans.


It was so fun to sit at a table with two women I've known for a decade and see how they've stayed the same in all the best ways.  We've grown and matured and changed, but they know exactly where I'm headed with a thought and all of the inside jokes are still funny.

 

I love them so much.

We had such a good time.

And Kelly brought two books for Evelyn.  They were about farm animals, and one was about a cookie-eating cow.  The plot twist at the end involved a pun.

I love this girl.


I'm obviously not the only one.

4 comments:

Mom2Four said...

Evelyn looks so content with Kelly. I could tell that Kelly looked very comortable holding her and that are going to be the best of friends. Glad that 'Girl's Night Out' is a part of Evelyn's schedule now!!!

Alana said...

Loved this post! It's so nice spending time with people you have known for so long. I am glad you girls had the opportunity to do so! Kelly looks just beautiful and Evelyn looks like she couldn't be happier. Can't wait to hold that sweet baby girl after camp is over! Love you oh so much!

Laine said...

I'm noticing that Evelyn is an excellent judge of character. Smart girl.

Kelly said...

Awe, you guys are so sweet. I LOVED visiting that little girl and her momma. The highlight of my week, for sure. :)