Sunday, July 24, 2011

Baby's First Library Basement Sale

I forgot that the basement sale was this weekend.

I knew, and then I decided Evelyn was too fussy for it, and then promptly forgot about it.

Then she didn't nap very long this afternoon, so Cody and I decided to go ahead and go to the library.  I remembered the sale right before we hit the library parking lot.  We decided to go for it.

The Sunday sale is mostly made up of the dregs of Saturday or Friday (I've never been on a Friday, but I bet it's amazing), but the crowds were small, too.  We took turns holding her, and Cody walked out with more books than I did this time around.

I skipped the last sale due to extreme pregnancy.  But I went to the one last October and while we were there, Cody felt Evelyn move her excited little movements in my belly for the very first time.  It was right in front of the classics section.  And when we went to last year's July sale, I was secretly pregnant and miserable.  But I felt so good that day, I was able eat lunch and ice cream after the sale.

This time she stared at the rows of books and shoppers and smiled.  She talked a lot and laughed excitedly.  The girl's love of library sales goes way back.

Obviously.

Here is our haul for the Summer 2011 CALS Basement Sale:

Cat's Eye. Margaret Atwood (Jen)
Lady Oracle. Margaret Atwood (Jen)
Childcraft: How Things Change (Evelyn)

Childcraft: Holidays and Customs (Evelyn)
Point of Impact. Tom Clancy (Cody)
The Emperor Constantine. Dorothy Sayers (Cody)
The Portable North American Indian Reader. Ed. Frederick W. Turner III (Cody)

And finally, here is a picture of Evelyn at her first basement sale.  I didn't think to take a picture while we were browsing.

She loves a bargain.

It makes me happy.

No comments: