Monday, June 27, 2011

an anniversary post for kelly(and john)

Dear Kelly,

Remember when you had a wedding last year?

And you asked me to take pictures?

And I did?

And that I left the wedding with half of a roll of black and white film left in my camera?  Oh, I didn't mention that?  Well.

I had half of a roll of black and white film left in my camera.  I intended to use it up right away, develop it, and send the pictures to you as soon as I could.  But then work picked up and I became easily distracted by being pregnant.  I would take some pictures here and there and invariably have my attention directed....somewhere... by..... something.

This went on for while.  How long?  Well, the last 2 pictures I took were of my bare 39-weeks-pregnant belly.  I developed the film, but we didn't have Internet.  Then we finally got Internet, but I had a baby 3 days after that.  That kept me busy for a while, and when things started to slow down a tree fell on my house.  Which naturally kept me busy once again for quite a while and then I went back to work and every time I'd think of the pictures they weren't on my work computer.

But now!  I finally uploaded the pictures!  You are celebrating a full year of marriage!  I'm pretty sure (hoping) you've been too busy with all the adventures a first year of marriage will bring to even notice that I'm really, really, really behind (even for me) with giving you the very last part of your wedding present.

Sorry.

Please accept my sincerest apologies with my most enthused congratulations.  You've been married a full year!  I am so happy you are linked to someone with whom you enjoy sharing your life.  Thank you for letting me see you getting ready for your special day.  Please enjoy the pictures and your anniversary post.


i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
 
i go you go,my dear;and whatever is done
 
by only me is your doing,my darling)
 
                                                      i fear
 
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
 
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
 
and it’s you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you


here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
 
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
 
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart


i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

Happy anniversary, Mrs. Kelly (Bisby) Peterson.  We love you so much.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh. My. Goodness.

I love you so much! Thank you for putting this together, and thank you even more for giving it to me on my anniversary! It's wonderful!!!

Donna B. said...

Thank you Jen for these wonderful pictures. You have quite a talent for catching the moments in time.