Monday, May 30, 2011

My handy how-to guide

Things You Can Do While Hiding in Your Room so Your Husband Can Get Your Baby to Take a Bottle Because You're Going Back to Work
  • Fantasize about living in a European country where they do maternity leave right.  I would happily work full-time until I was 75 if it meant I could stay with my babies while they were babies.  
  • Pump and hate America.
  • Make the bed.
  • Go through records and organize them into the filing cabinet.
  • Move the filing cabinet.
  • Straighten up the tops of your dressers.
  • Read a book.
  • Work on crocheting that scarf you started last week.
  • Iron fabric for the (yet again) revamped quilt project.
  • Peek through the slightly opened bedroom door to watch your husband feed your baby.
  • Get caught peeking.
  • Wonder if the millions of bottle parts and pump parts (fine, dozens) are all in the dishwasher.
  • Wonder how many millions of things are going to be packed into tomorrow's bag for work.
  • Pump.
The scarf! I think I already know who's getting it for Christmas. 

Still in love with the granny square theme.

Fabric for Evelyn's quilt.

And more fabric.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All things work out for good - trust me!
DAD

Kelly said...

Your dad is quite right :)

I love the granny square design, too! Is it difficult? Where could I find a pattern?

Jen said...

I have no idea what y'all are talking about--there's probably never going to be a time when I look back on this and say "Gee golly, I'm really glad I wasn't hanging out with Evelyn! Now anyone can feed her if I get hit by a bus!" This is just a (relatively) non-sarcastic list of things I've been doing while hiding in my room. I'm a little strapped for blog ideas.

As for the scarf thing, I made it up. I'll try to email you instructions soon once I count stitches and write things down. If you can crochet a granny square, you can do this. It's my new favorite way to make scarves!

Erin said...

Pumping sucks (no pun intended) but you are a good mama...you can do it. Good work!