Monday, May 2, 2011

Music Monday: songs for the baby girl

We're awesome.


I've wanted to do a music post for a while, but wouldn't take the time.  But tonight I was up late to feed Evelyn and watch the news, so I set up an account and made this playlist.

These are songs for or about Evelyn.  Yes, I realize most of them are love songs and the rest are cheesy.  No, I don't really care.  My precious baby makes me feel giddy with love and sappiness.  She's in my lap with one arm out and making little sleep sounds. Perfection.

It seems like I should explain little more, so here's a tiny bit more.

"At Last" I've always thought this was a perfect baby song.
"Ocean Front Property" We sang this when we were little, Evelyn likes country music, and I mean every word of it.
"You and Me" She wrote it for her son.
"Never Gonna be Alone" Time really is going so much faster that I'm starting to regret not spending all of it with her.
"Come to Jesus" Just great.
"Firework" The first time I heard this, I cried because it summarized so much of what I wanted to say to my daughter.  Also because I was incredibly pregnant. 
"Arms Wide Open" It had to be done.

I hope you enjoy the songs!  Evelyn and I do.



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

1 comment:

Laine said...

I enjoy this playlist, nice work.

That is one of Robert's favorite pictures of Evelyn right now. He's so strange, ha.