Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Let's do another list

Things That Were Nice About my First Day Back at Work
  • I have a job.
  • I am working in this building not-pregnant for the first time ever.  Things feel a lot bigger now.  I moved around much more easily today.
  • People seemed happy to see me.
  • I have an office instead of a cubicle.  This is nice because 1) I'm pumping, and 2) an office has 4 walls.  I've got all that space just waiting to hold up Evelyn's pictures!
  • I received texts from Cody (with a picture of Evelyn!) and my mom to let me know how Evelyn was doing and how much she was eating.
  • I read some nice emails from Dad, Dicy, Laine, and Jeff just letting me know they hoped I was having a good day back.
  • Coworkers, including two supervisors, wished me well.  Then they politely gushed over pictures of Evelyn.
  • No one cried when I left to go to the bathroom.
  • I knew that Evelyn was having a good time with Cody and Mom.
  • I typed with both hands.
  • I came home to this sweet face:  

    3 comments:

    Amber said...

    I'm glad you had a good first day back. I love lists. This one is especially nice because it makes me not feel like a total failure because I want to go back to work after the baby is born.

    Laine said...

    This picture is our new laptop desktop picture.

    She's so pretty!

    Erin said...

    Glad your first day back went well. Also glad Evelyn gets how it works and makes up for cuddle time at home. People always are shocked that myy kid doesnt go to be at like 7pm...its because we want family time...it'll work. And go pumping mama!!! I want to give you a little cheer! I'm proud of you, I know that sounds cheesy but hey, I've been there are its really not so much fun...well it IS nice to take a few moments in the day while you are at work to focus on your baby...but yeah...been there and heading back there...so worth it though.