Monday, June 20, 2011

Evelyn and Cody

Strangely enough, I don't have any pictures of Cody and Evelyn yesterday.  Whoops.  But I do have these:














In the past year we've spent getting ready for Evelyn, Cody has been an even better dad than I thought he would be.

Menu alterations because I felt sick?  Not a problem.

Reading all the baby books? Done.

Being Cody while I was in labor?  He was the very best.

Reminding me that we had to name the baby?  Yup.  (Reminding me how to spell her name in the weeks that followed?  That too.)

Conscientiously marking some sheet a nurse gave us every time Evelyn ate or made a diaper?  He was all over it.

Diapering, dressing, rocking, bouncing, and walking?  He can do all of those things.

I love to watch him with Evelyn.  He talks to her, dances with her, and makes her smile when he kisses her.  He looks forward to his time with her.  He pays attention to what she likes and what scares her so he can tell others and remember it for next time.  He reads to her.  He says nice things about me around her.

He works really hard to be such a good dad.  You can see how proud he is to be Evelyn's dad, and I love that.  You can see how happy she is just to be around him and I really love that.

We had a happy Father's Day.  He got cards and a tie and a couple of coffee mugs (I love the classics).  I love knowing that he's being the best possible dad to our daughter every day and I love raising a family with him.

I already can't wait for next year.

The night before Father's Day, 2011.

No comments: