Thursday, March 24, 2011

Dallas Day!

Dallas came to play yesterday!  We had an absolute blast.  He and his mom intended to come see us at the hospital, but she was sick and they graciously kept their germs to themselves.  But yesterday, he and Gil packed up some of his school and came over to party with Evelyn and me for the afternoon.


Dallas worked on school, Mom helped me give Evelyn a bath (when her hair's wet it touches her shoulders!), and Dallas, Evelyn, and I walked to the corner store to buy cokes and drop off some bottles for recycling.

Dallas wore yellow because it's my favorite color, dressed Evelyn in a yellow sleeper, and brought a photo album that's ready to be filled with baby pictures.

It was a lovely day.  Here are some pictures from our adventure.

He immediately had to hold her.


We also tried out the bouncy seat for the first time.  Evelyn liked it, but I didn't realize I'd have to take the cover off to install batteries, so Dallas just bounced her by hand.



Gil obviously had to spend some time with Evelyn.  I love them together.

After Evelyn nursed, she slept in her swing and Dallas read 3 books to her: If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What do You See?, and Sneetches.


Working on spelling words.

He needed to hold her again after we went for a walk.  Evelyn is reacting to dramatically to the mere thought of all the pollen we encountered.

He had to leave before I finished feeding the newly bathed Evelyn, so I stopped and we took some pictures.  She was not happy about this, but Dallas was a trooper at posing for us.






I had the greatest time, buddy!  Stop by again soon!  I think Evelyn enjoyed it, too (except for the last part).

2 comments:

Laine said...

This looks like such a fun day! I love all those last few pictures, poor Evelyn.

Oh, and I really like the one of Mom and Evelyn, very sweet.

I know this wasn't a very exciting comment, but I feel the need to comment on every post, since I know you all talk about me now...!

Laine said...

OH! I forgot! That first picture is my favorite, of Evelyn. I think you know why...haha.