He turned 27 on the 27th. I think that's cool.
I think a lot of things about Cody are cool.
Here are a few of them.
- He's been baking cookies to sell at the restaurant and people buy them like crazy.
- He's started buzzing his hair and it looks good on him.
- He always tells me I'm hot. Even 3 days after Evelyn was born.
- My dad bought Evelyn a wagon and from the way Cody's acting, you'd think it was for him. He can't wait to put her in there and go somewhere.
- He is absolutely precious with Evelyn. I'm excited about raising a family with him.
- His laugh.
- He rubbed my legs nearly every night for the last few weeks of my pregnancy.
- I can make him happy. It's not that difficult, but I love knowing I can make him smile.
- His love of RC Cola in glass bottles, butter cookies, National Geographic, Mother Earth News, and other older person things.
- His love of libraries.
- Last week he abruptly looked up from the book he was reading and said, "I'm really glad you're breastfeeding." I thought he was indifferent and just going with this because I wanted to. It was nice to have the encouragement.
- How much he loves his life. He's a grateful man who's convinced he's living a dream come true.
- One time, I bought him a packet of heirloom beet seeds and he recognized it for the grand romantic gesture I intended it to be.
- Obviously we have an understanding.
- He's really smart.
- Yesterday he washed dishes and swept the kitchen.
- He's burping Evelyn right now and talking to her.
|Birthday boys and a baby last night.|
Also: Yesterday was Casey's birthday too! I'm glad he was born too because he's Cody's best friend and a nice human being. It's funny to watch him be such a big fan of Evelyn. He's been helping me out some when Cody's at work. And as far as twins go, he's not so bad.
So happy birthday to them both!