Monday, March 28, 2011

27 on the 27th

Cody's birthday was yesterday!

He turned 27 on the 27th.  I think that's cool.

I think a lot of things about Cody are cool.

Here are a few of them.

  • He's been baking cookies to sell at the restaurant and people buy them like crazy.
  • He's started buzzing his hair and it looks good on him.
  • He always tells me I'm hot.  Even 3 days after Evelyn was born.
  • My dad bought Evelyn a wagon and from the way Cody's acting, you'd think it was for him.  He can't wait to put her in there and go somewhere.
  • He is absolutely precious with Evelyn.  I'm excited about raising a family with him.
  • His laugh.
  • He rubbed my legs nearly every night for the last few weeks of my pregnancy.
  • I can make him happy.  It's not that difficult, but I love knowing I can make him smile.
  • His love of RC Cola in glass bottles, butter cookies, National Geographic, Mother Earth News, and other older person things.
  • His love of libraries.
  • Last week he abruptly looked up from the book he was reading and said, "I'm really glad you're breastfeeding."  I thought he was indifferent and just going with this because I wanted to.  It was nice to have the encouragement.
  • How much he loves his life.  He's a grateful man who's convinced he's living a dream come true.
  • One time, I bought him a packet of heirloom beet seeds and he recognized it for the grand romantic gesture I intended it to be.
  • Obviously we have an understanding.
  • He's really smart.
  • Yesterday he washed dishes and swept the kitchen.
  • He's burping Evelyn right now and talking to her. 
I wanted to do 27 things, but it's taken me a day to get out just this much.  He's a wonderful man and I'm glad he was born.

Birthday boys and a baby last night.

Also: Yesterday was Casey's birthday too!  I'm glad he was born too because he's Cody's best friend and a nice human being.  It's funny to watch him be such a big fan of Evelyn.  He's been helping me out some when Cody's at work.  And as far as twins go, he's not so bad.

So happy birthday to them both!

1 comment:

Laine said...

I love that picture! They look like such a proud dad and uncle. My two favorite things you said in this post: 1. That Cody's convinced he's living a dream come true. That's such a nice thing. And, 2: That Casey not so bad, as far as twins go. Ha.