Here are some great things about February:
- It's Black History Month! If you find any fascinating George Washington Carver facts in your Black History Month studies, pass them on to me. I know he was an accomplished guy, but mainly I just care about how he invented peanut butter. Once upon a time, there was no peanut butter and he invented it. There should be statues of him in every town square of every county seat in this great nation.
- Valentine's Day is February 14th! You should start preparing now. I love making and giving Valentines to people. I love Valentine decorations. It's a wonderful holiday to brighten up winter. And I love love. And celebrating the love I have for other people. Yay love!
- It's my last full month of being pregnant. Whoa.
- Kevin Brockmeier's new book is out!
- The Arkansas Flower and Garden Show is February 25-27. I love the flower and garden show. Mom and I went a couple of years ago and she mostly just made me take pictures of items while she said "Oh, your dad could make that himself. They want how much for it? Oh good grief." and it was really fun. I think we'll sit down a lot this time around.
- Have I mentioned that I'll be decorating my house for Valentine's Day and giving and receiving Valentines? Sorry, I get excited.
- Levi is in Arkansas in February! He was in North Carolina in January and things just weren't as fun.
- February = horrifically cold weather. That isn't too great. But the super cold weather means that Cody and I want to spend more time indoors. Spending more time indoors means we can do nesting things like tackle a few cleaning projects, reorganize some spaces, work on baby projects, and bake things. It's the baking stuff that gets me really excited. In the past week, I've made banana nut bread and biscuits. Cody's been quite the bread guy in the last few weeks. These things only get more intense as the weather gets colder. Plus, Valentine's Day usually means we bake things for each other.
- Nesting. It's not just for baby people. Spring is coming and now is the perfect time to start going through catalogues for seeds and bulbs and chickens. I love making plans.
- February is just a good time to work with felt. Or I think so, anyway. And so does Martha.