Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday is for fun stuff

In case you don't know that you can have fun this weekend, fear not!  I can tell you how to have fun.

  • The library sale is this weekend!  I am totally not going this time.  Cody told me about it last night and I nearly collapsed on the floor in exhaustion just from thinking about searching for books in a crowd of people.  But I completely recommend it for anyone who loves bargains and books and has a little better balance than me.
  • You can call your grandma!  Mamaw called me this afternoon to thank me for sending her pictures that I've been taking of myself every week (what?  You don't do that?) and we a nice, quick chat.  She is person #5,7839 to think that I'll have the baby before March 12.  If you don't talk about me with your grandma, you can always ask her what she thinks of that computer on Jeopardy.  Because I'm pretty sure she has an opinion.
  • The Flower and Garden Show is this weekend!  Why am I going to this instead of the library sale?  Many reasons.  First, Dad is dropping me off at the door.  Two, it's February and my soul needs to see some beautiful landscaping and tabletop designs.  Three, this only happens once a year!  Fourth, there are plenty of chances to sit down!
  • Write a letter or make a card.  I'm pretty sure you know someone with a birthday.  I know 5 or 6 someones, so I'm pretty sure you've got a nice selection of folks to send your birthday wishes to.
  • Or just write a letter.  People love mail.
  • Take a nap.  You know you want to.
  • Clean your baseboards.  They probably need it.
  • Go for a walk.  The forecast is looking good!
  • Dance around in your house (or out in public, whatever.  I don't really judge on the weekends) to some Motown.  It's one of my favorite activities EVER.
  • Read a book.  Kevin Brockmeier has a new book and it's really good.  BUT! You don't have to take my word for it...  (Did you see LeVar Burton on The Big Bang Theory last night?  It thrilled my five-year-old soul to no end.)
  • Oh!  I've got it! You could write a letter to LeVar Burton!  I bet he would love that!

I'm going to let you think of some other weekend plans for yourself.  I hope you have a lovely time.

Just to get you started:

No comments: