Thursday, December 2, 2010

I'll tell you what I want (what I really, really want)

(Note: I'm not really asking for these things.  But if you want to keep them in mind for my birthday or Christmas present, that would be awesome.  Some A lot of this stuff is just pure fantasy anyway, and I obviously have no shame.  Did you see that post title?)

I want:
  • Contributions to worthy charities.  The Smile Train, the Arkansas Foodbank Network, and Doctors Without Borders are all worthy causes we've donated to before....and still receive solicitation letters from months and months after the fact telling us of their worthiness and dire need.
  • Um, either tons of money to donate to worthy causes or freedom from guilt would also be awesome, apparently.
  • A calendar.
  • A magazine subscription to BUST or Boho.
  • For more of you to donate blood so that the Red Cross will stop harassing the 5% of the population (or whatever the number is) of regular blood donors like Cody so often (and no, I don't donate right now.  The last 2 or 3 times I tried, my iron was too low.  Before that, I was on the line for being under their weight requirement and was really tired for days after donating.  And at this stage of life, my resources are directed toward someone else).
  • Yarn.  Soft yarn, woolen yarn, bamboo yarn, mixed blends yarn, expensive, solid-colored, multi-colored .... yarn.
  • World peace.
  • To enjoy caffeinated beverages without judgment.
  • Anna Marie Horner's entire fabric line.  Seriously, just click the link and enjoy all the pretty colors and patterns.  Holy smokes!
  • Christmas with my family.
  • Photo albums.
  • Liberty of London.  Just give me the whole thing, please and thank you!
  • TV on DVD.  Actually, just loaning whatever you have is fine as well.  We are just as addicted as everyone else.
  • A pedicure just because I've never had one and reaching my feet is still possible, but pretty darn uncomfortable (Cody may actually be looking into this--be still my heart!).
  • A massage.  Because I always want one.
  • A visit from Mamaw so I can show her my house.
  • Or a visit to Mamaw and EA's.
  • Pie.
  • Cake donuts with chocolate icing and multi-colored sprinkles.
  • Decent hair.
  • More time with friends.
  • More adventures before the baby is here.
  • CDs that everyone bought 2 or 3 years ago: bands like Beirut, Camera Obscura, Fleet Foxes?  Yeah, them.  Just burn me your copies.  
  • Okay, and Nickelback's Dark Horse.  I promise to only listen to the ballads around the baby.  Which is kind of all the time now because she can supposedly hear things.  At least she's still too young to be embarrassed by my taste, or lack thereof.
  • Cake.
  • The all-powerful and ever-so-impersonal, yet always appreciated, gift card.  Target, Barnes & Noble, Starbucks, and amazon.com are always favorites.  Can you do amazon.com gift cards?  I don't know.
  • A healthy, happy, smart, fascinating baby girl who looks like me, except for having Cody's normal-sized ears and cavity-free, straight teeth.  I'm willing to wait on this one.
  • Ice cream.
  • A really good My Morning Jacket album, followed by a tour with Arkansas dates.
  • A house with wood floors, a dishwasher, washer and dryer, yard, porch swing, and a miniature dachshund.  I'm willing to wait for that one, too.  Especially since Cody's not sold on that whole 'miniature dachshund' thing. Whatever, the baby would love one!
  • Giant frumpy grandpa cardigans.
  • More time away with Cody.
  • Bigger sweatpants.
  • Eloquence.
  • A really good hamburger.  You always know it when you find it.
  • For you to have a wonderful holiday season this year.
  • One of every arts and crafts thing.  In the world.
  • A turkey sandwich.

2 comments:

Alana said...

Don't be ashamed of this list. We all have a list like this (or at least I do...no shame). Thanks for all of the great ideas!

Laine said...

You need to do a follow up list after your birthday and Christmas, marking off what you got! Maybe you'll get a puppy! Not really, I hope.

I got good ideas from this too...thanks.