Friday, December 17, 2010

I am 28.


Look at this amazing card Kelly made for me!

I'm 28!

 27 was fantastic.

I played with my new camera that my family gave me, I took trips, I planted things and ate food with Cody, worked out a fun new way to crochet scarves, and I spent half of this past year pregnant.  Weird.  Yes, half of 27 was spent being pregnant.

(This is taking forever.)

But I'm really excited for 28.

And I'm kicking things off by not wearing pants!

Yeah, whatever.  It's my birthday.  I'll do what I want.

Look, Mom!  I'm one of those girls who wears leggings as pants!  In the workplace!  While pregnant!  This is a proud day for both of us!

 Cody got me maternity clothes for my birthday, freaked out because I hate all maternity clothes and he lost the receipt, and then told me yesterday that he didn't buy me anything for my birthday.  Why he thought telling me he hadn't planned on buying me anything at all for the last birthday that was just the two of us (especially while I'm literally bursting out of my clothes) was a good idea is beyond me, but he says he'd just woken up and was scrambling.

So I cried a lot yesterday and then took myself to Motherhood Maternity and bought myself some birthday maternity wear last night.

And then Cody came home and gave me my birthday present early.  Ha!

So.....now I have a lot of maternity clothes.  A pair of corduroy pants, a flannel shirt, and 2 long-sleeved t-shirts from.....myself, and 2 sweaters and the top in the picture above from Cody.  Yes, I get to keep it all instead of putting some of it away for Christmas.

Luckiest birthday girl ever.

For the record, Cody thought the top was a dress.  He has a hard time guessing sizes and believes my actual clothing size is "really little."  As in, it may as well say that on my tags where he's concerned.

I mean, we could have gone shopping together and I could have picked things out myself and he could have told me I looked pretty under florescent lighting and avoided this mess all together.......

....but frankly, I like this.  I picked out stuff by myself.  I get to wear clothes I probably wouldn't have bought for myself.  And I get to be impressed with my husband--who generally won't pick out his own clothes because he knows I'm better at it--picking out clothes and hiding them at his mom's house and actually putting them in a gift bag with tissue paper.

Yes, I'm pretty impressed with him indeed.

I'll have dinner tonight with friends at the restaurant so I can see my husband and enjoy some catfish.  And I'm heading out to Romance on Sunday afternoon because Sunday afternoons are the best part of a week and I'm excited to spend one with my parents and brother while we eat Dad's grilled lamb and Mom's salted and buttered potatoes that I've craved for at least 6 weeks.

And then 28 in general.....

I'm excited.
I'm going to have a baby.  I'm going to spend a few months just hanging out with her.  We'll take her on some trips and introduce her to people and I have a crazy dream of taking her to her very first literary festival (yes, in mid-April.  Be nice to me today) as a tiny infant.  I'm going to miss the craziest part of my workyear.  I'm going to take a million pictures.  I'm going to make a baby quilt and a baby afghan.  I'm going to celebrate 5 years of marriage.  I'm going to drag both my husband and my baby to the state fair, and they'll probably both hate it.

I can't wait.

28 has been lovely so far.  I've already gotten some texts and emails.  Thank you!  

I can't wait for the rest of the year.

I'm having a very happy birthday.

7 comments:

Laine said...

Happy Birthday!!!! (again)

I really like that dress/shirt Cody picked out, it's very cute. I'm a fan of you in blue plaids, very nice.

For the record: leggings are pants.

Hope you have a wonderful day, and weekend, and get to wear lots of new clothes and look all pregnant and cute!

Jen said...

Thanks! (Again.)

I like it, too. But it's black.

No they're not.

I stayed awake scheming about new outfits for the next few days!

Mom2Four said...

You look very nice today!! I was going to say "cute" but Laine beat me to that!

Leggings are not pants, Laine!

You will enjoy all of your new clothes, and being 28, and your birthday party on Sunday and many more things this month. You make December great.

Jen said...

Thanks! I'm so excited for everything! Happy 'day of giving birth' for you!

Alana said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!
I hope to see pictures of your cute, new outfits!
Have a great weekend, friend! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Not pants.
Happy birthday Jen!
-Leah

Jen said...

Thanks, Alana and Leah!

Laine, you are completely out-voted.