Monday, November 15, 2010

Update: 23 weeks

23 weeks, people!  This is monumental.  Why?  Because I've never been 23 weeks pregnant, I guess.

Plus, it's been a big week.  I can feel this girl moving!  Since Thursday night, I've been telling anyone who will listen about the time I saw my stomach jump.  She just rolls and moves and kicks and jabs.  It feels like all the cliches: bubbles, a fish, or just a baby moving around.  It feels weird and wonderful.  She's so strong!

And Cody finally felt her move!  We were at the library basement sale Saturday morning, and I was finding lots of good things.  It's like she could feel how excited I was (plus, I was full of coffee and cereal) because I was walking all over the place, or squatting down to look at things, and at one point I finally sat down in the floor to go through a shelf and expand her little library.  She was moving the whole time.  And at one point, I was standing next to Cody in front of the literature section, discussing The Once and Future King and she moved.  So I grabbed his hand and ta da!   Now that Cody's felt her move, I'm ready to share the thrilling experience of me grabbing someone's hand and placing it on my stomach with other people.  

Consider yourself warned.

Sometimes I can't see my feet, and I panic.  But then I lean forward and I can find them.  Also, I'm gaining weight.  I don't know how much because we don't own a scale, but I'm starting to wonder if it's all baby related.  We'll say it is.  Cody thinks I look pretty, I'm still moving around just fine, and no one's said I'm "too small" since I got pregnant.  

Want to see the growth progression from "too small" to "wow, you are definitely pregnant" (people keep telling me that.  Um, I know)?  I keep wearing this one dress a lot and I love it.  I bought it the weekend of Sara's birthday, when I was pregnant and 1 week away from telling our families.

Then I wore it when I was 10 weeks pregnant and we told our families the weekend of my parents' anniversary party.

Laine took this picture that night.  At least Cody looks cute.

This is me at 14 weeks.  Now Cody's eyes are closed.


This is me last night at 23 weeks.  And that's Cody's thumb in the upper left corner.  Full disclosure: I'm wearing the dress today.  I really like it a lot.

Aside from all this supercute acne, I like being and looking pregnant.  We met up with my family on Saturday night and they were impressed with the little girl's belly.  We were sitting and waiting on our food (holy smokes, how many enchiladas did I eat last week!?) when I took off my cardigan and my mom mentioned something about my size.

Me: Do you want me to stand up so you can see it?
Sara: No.
Mom: Yes.
Sara: She can't stand up in a restaurant!
Jen stands up.
Mom and Dad: Whoa.
Cody: She gets bigger as the day goes on.

It's like I'm impressive by association to the baby.  I have to say, though, she is pretty impressive.  She moves, she grows, she lives in my belly.  This is what else she's been up to:  "Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb." (Source.)
See?  Impressive.  She's a growing girl and I'm constantly fascinated.  

And I tell her so all the time now that she can hear me.  And I sing and dance and eat and rub on my belly.  She's a fun adventure, and it gets better every day.

I can't wait to see what happens next.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello there thanks for your grat post, as usual ((o: