Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving weekend pictures, Or: Adventures in Bad Light!

The little girl and me, on Wednesday afternoon.  I took a break from cleaning up outside to take this picture.

The spice rack is good for auto-timed pictures.  Then I cleaned the house like crazy.

Thanksgiving morning with Cody's family: We took pictures!  This is his grandma with her kids.

This is them with the flash.  We had lighting issues.

This is Cody's cousin, Clint, with everyone's favorite baby, Egan.  Granted, Egan's a pretty big boy now.


Our little family photo, minus Casey because he had to work.  Cody would not put down his coffee cup.  Spencer would not sit in their mom's lap.  You can't have it all.

See?  Egan is everyone's favorite.  This family is missing Lucas, who was sick.


After about 5 tries, I got this one.  Yay!


Cody's uncle and his grandsons and his sons, minus two daughters.


This is what the rest of us did during other families' picture-taking.  We sat around and critiqued their posture and posing.

Kyle and Anna are just taking it easy.


Again with the lighting issues.  At one point we turned them off and Egan yelled "Oh no!"  When they came back on, he cheered "Yay!" and we had to clap.

Julie, Lainey, and fiancee Nathan.


This might have been the best picture I took all day.

Oh, what do you know?  It's more people hanging out with Egan.

Dessert table!  People got crazy. 

Non-dessert foods!  See that jar in the center?  My husband made cranberry sauce.  With a bread maker!

Brothers.  Apparently Cody doesn't like it when you lean on the back of the chair.

No matter.  He fell asleep about 5 minutes later while his mom and grandma stood over him and talked about how he'd worn himself out at work that week.  Adorable.

Egan and his favorite Memaw toys: magnets, playing cards, and a jar.


Oh, and the jar's lid.  Fascinating stuff.

Did you know these could bloom?  I just thought they died.

Thanksgiving supper with my people.

Mom and Dallas made a lovely fall centerpiece.

I made fruit salad.

A picture of Sara and her hermit husband Chad.  I actually like this.


He does this in every picture I take.

Then we didn't take many pictures because we were eating and talking and people always gripe at me, but then Mom wished we had more pictures so we ran around and took some right before Cody and I left.  And most of these are from the bad side, hair-wise.
Just hanging out with Mo.

Company kind of wears him out.

We're friends, I think.

He's my buddy.

Okay, mostly.  We weren't actually wrestling, but his paw did come up and hit me in the belly button a few times.  Not cool.


Look at his vicious eyes!  They always look like that when he's on his side.

Levi, being nonchalant again.

My cute parents, talking to the dog.

Grandmother, acting like she's looking at my parents or Levi.  She's really just looking away from me.

Gail and Mo.

They're cute together.

They're actually friends.

I would just like to say that I really appreciate how these new energy-efficient capture all the crappiness of florescent lights and still provide inadequate lighting for picture-taking.  Amazing!

Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad, I'm in your face, Dad.  Can I take a picture?  Can I stand really close?  Whatcha doing?  Whatcha thinking about?  Are you going to help me carry my stuff to the car?  (Yes.)

Not pictured: Friday.  It was nice!  I couldn't sleep in, but I puttered around the house and ate leftovers.  I saw friends, did some Christmas shopping, saw more friends and had Starbucks, saw Mom and Laine at the bookstore, had even more Starbucks, crashed a little from all the caffeine, then went out and saw some friends for some borderline Christmas-like activities.

But this is Saturday!  We ate at Kierre's with about half my family, and then I did a little series of beautiful pictures of Laine and Cody outside of a store while Grandmother smoked, and Mom and Dad shopped inside.
I love pictures of Cody with my siblings.  Oh my goodness.

He made her laugh here.

They are confident that these are the best senior photos ever.

Oh, and here's Laine with me.

Ta da.  Sisters.

I made a wreath!  I actually spent most of Saturday afternoon and evening doing Christmas-y things to the house, but this is the only thing I remembered to take a picture of at the end of the day.  Cody was incredibly impressed.  No, really.

Then I came back to work to enjoy this on Monday.  There's a reason I don't talk about work a lot.



1 comment:

Alana said...

LOVE the wreath! Good job, my friend!