Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Post of thanksgiving


  •  I am thankful for my family.  Parents, siblings, the spouse, in-laws, grandparents--all of them.  They're funny and smart and encouraging.  Also, we have awesome inside jokes.  I love that about families.
  • I am thankful for my friends.  Friends are important people to know and mine are lovely.  They're interesting and caring and creative in unexpected ways.
  • I am thankful for my job, my little half of a house, my happy marriage, my yarn supply, comfortable clothes, and the library.
  • I am thankful for books.
  • I am thankful for lists and how they calm me into organization.
  • I am thankful that I have a digital camera.  
  • I am thankful for the transformational power of glitter.
  • I am thankful for food, and that I have enough of it and that it's delicious.
  • I am thankful that we paid off my car.
  • I am thankful for this good hair day.
  • I am thankful for freedom of religion, the rights to free speech and to bear arms, voting, roads and schools, and, oh yes, more voting.  We chicks love voting.
  • I am thankful for my healthy pregnancy and the hope of an exciting little person in my life next year.
  • I am thankful for this great year.
  • I am thankful that I got a coupon in the mail for a free box of Cheerios.
  • I am still thankful for caffeine.
  • I am thankful for you, dear reader.  I love it when you comment, or text, or mention in person that you liked a post.  I'm glad you're reading this, and that you share (or tolerate) my excitement over cleaning products and crafts, enjoy my pictures, or laugh at stories about my family.  You're the best.  Yes, you.
  • I am thankful that I will have the next 4 days to spend with some of the people and things I am most thankful for--I can't wait to enjoy family and jokes and picture-taking and food and time with my husband and crafts and books.  I cannot promise you good hair from me, though.
I hope you have a wonderful holiday with people you love, and a lot for which you are thankful.  Enjoy the weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful for you, dear one.
DAD