Friday, October 29, 2010

Things that make a happy list for a happy Friday

  • The work week went by quickly because I had lots of things to do (and that's why the posts were brief or non-existent)!
  • People can stop complaining about how it's too warm to feel fallish now--we had our first frost advisory last night!
  • October's reading list is looking good and I'm really enjoying all of the books I'm reading right now--I'm in a non-fiction mood these days.
  • October was the month we spent money.  I knew we would, and we were kind of planning to do so for the first month without a hefty car payment in over a year.  Cody bought shoes, I bought bigger clothes, and tonight I'm going to carry on that tradition with some Halloween candy and some maternity jeans.  I nearly injured myself in my regular pair this morning.
  • We'll be getting trick-or-treaters!  I don't know exactly which night, so I'm going ahead and buying candy now just in case.  It has nothing to do with the way Cody's face lights up with the joy of Christmas morning whenever I buy him Kit-Kats.
  • I'm looking forward to seeing Cody's face light up with the joy of a Christmas morning when I show him the Kit-Kats I bought for trick-or-treaters (or, maybe, you know, him.  Whatever).
  • Pears are in season.
  • I made a pumpkin pie earlier this week with the first pumpkin pulp of the season.
  • Pumpkins are in season.
  • Figs are in season (OH MY GOODNESS!!!).
  • Apples are in season.
  • Pomegranates are almost in season.
  • I have an actual, real jack-o-lantern on my front porch with a candle inside.  It's lovely.
  • I've crocheted some great little baby squares lately.  I have to say it.
  • I made more pumpkins this week!  I'll have to take pictures this weekend.
  • I'd almost forgotten, but we're doing a no-spend in November.  That's Monday!  So we'll sit down and talk over our plans and weekly budget.  Frankly, just thinking about talking about saving money gets me really excited.
  • We're getting lamb meat soon!  
  • Good food is apparently the greatest joy in my life right now.
  • Cody and I are getting massages tomorrow morning.  He's hurt his back somehow and I'm....pregnant.  I told him he could get a prenatal massage too if he really wanted one, but he doesn't.  Like I said, spending money.
  • We're picking up our CSA basket in the morning!  I love picking up baskets!  Don't worry, I'll take a picture of that, too.
  • The pitcher plant is going to come live indoors soon.
  • I like having a big and round stomach.  It's nice to see proof of the baby all the time, even if I do startle myself when I catch my reflection.
  • I'm going to a Halloween party this weekend.  I haven't done that in a while.  Last year I celebrated Halloween by cleaning Laine's house (okay, and drinking coffee and buying amazing yarn) and then Cody and I threw an All Saints' Day party at our house.  For real.
  • I just realized that we do not have nearly the ant or dampness problems we had last year.  Hooray!
  • I think we may break down and turn on our heat this weekend.  Whoa.
  • Red Velvet opened today!  This just makes me happy.
  • Believe it or not, I am completely determined to get in a good nap somewhere in the weekend.  You mark my words!  
  • I hope you take a nap this weekend, too.  I'll be really happy for you if you do.

No comments: