Friday, October 1, 2010

Reasons to love October

It's October!  I am excited.  Here are some reasons why:

  1. Tomorrow is my neighborhood's area-wide yard sale!  I'm getting rid of some of my junk.  And probably taking other people's junk.  There is some fabulous junk to be had.
  2. The state fair will be here soon!  I want to go.  I want to tell Cody amusing anecdotes about my siblings washing sheep in the pre-dawn 45° mornings while I'd sit in a barn and read my PSAT-prep book.  I want to see sheep and cows and horses and fancy chickens and bunny rabbits and quilts and canned goods and photography and people eating those giant turkey legs!  And take pictures!  Then I want to use my inhaler!  And shower!
  3. The (first ever) World Cheese Dip Championship is taking place next Saturday!  We are living in enchanted times.
  4. I'm going to buy pumpkins!  And mums!
  5. I'm going to drink a lot of pumpkin spice lattes.  Or some other warm beverage because fall is chilly and that's just what you do.
  6. It's scarf time!  I have scarves.  And wristwarmers.  I know I said last week that I'd take pictures, but I forgot.  This time I will.  Mean it.
  7. Fall cleaning.  I'm going to wash quilts and take coats to the cleaners.  I'm going to mop.  I'm going to really pull out fall decorations.  I'm going to put away summer clothes (and unsuitable for pregnancy clothes) and pull out our cold weather stuff.  It's going to be a time of seasonally sanctioned organization, cleaning, and infuriating household upheaval.  Martha says it's okay.
  8. I'm having an ultrasound this month!  It will be our first chance to see the baby since my eight-week appointment--and I think things will look pretty different.  And (IhopeIhopeIhope): we'll find out if we're having a boy or a girl!  I really can't wait.  It's just too exciting.
  9. Pumpkins.  Gourds.  Dried ears of corn.  Mums.  Other fall things.
  10. I am going to make more pumpkins.  Then I will cover the world with them.  I hope you're excited.
  11. We're going to do a lot of insurance policy changing adult type stuff.  I'm not sure how exciting that is, but I think I'll feel pretty accomplished once it's all done.
  12. This is probably the month I make my car pretty!  Or at least get a new sun visor.  This. is. exciting! 
  13. It's tights and boots time.
  14. Have you been for a walk in the fall?  It's going to be awesome.
  15. We can now buy Halloween candy without feeling like we're too early....and then eat it all ourselves. 

No comments: