In the meantime, here are some important reasons why I'm excited about September (and you should be too!):
- Yet another big announcement: we are paying off my car this month! It's going to happen. And then we're going to be rich. Not really, but shortly after we pay off my car and it's completely and officially mine, we're going to hug and do a happy dance. And then I'm going to get new windshield wipers, a sun visor to replace the broken one I ripped out on the driver's side, and maybe even a new mudflap to replace the one
Codywe tore from driving over so many things. Woo hoo!
- We're celebrating our wedding anniversary! It's just next week, and we haven't talked about doing anything special (we've been distracted). So I guess we're going to celebrate by staying married. It works for me. Maybe I'll be fancy and pick up some Starbucks and bring it to Cody at work.
- Speaking of Starbucks: the pumpkin spice lattes are back!!! Cody brought me one last night and I fell in love him all over again. Or with the pumpkin spice lattes. Whatever. It was a beautiful moment regardless.
- Dallas is turning 9! And having a party! Of course I'm going! Aren't you?
- Football season starts this weekend. Cody and Casey are already checking to see which bars will be showing the game of Pay-Per-View.
- There will be Razorback watch parties with friends!
- County fairs!
- I will be entering the second trimester! In case you didn't know, the second trimester is this magical time where you start showing a belly, but you're still small enough to move around and see your feet. You're also practically riding a tide of happy hormones and, in theory, people will understand why you look a little tired and will not feel compelled to say "Rough day, huh?" (creep at Hardees, you need to leave me alone) or whatever. The second trimester is also something fear-mongering pregnancy books dangle in front of you like a prize you win if you don't royally screw up your first trimester by accidentally eating deli meat or not worrying thoroughly enough about ...... something. Apparently you're allowed to be happy in the second trimester. Yay!
- I'm totally going to wait until I'm good and happy and then, I'm going to read a pregnancy book all the way through. You just check September's book list! I'm going to make it all the way through and make some notes to myself. I won't even freak out. No promises on eye-rolling, though.
- Did I mention that we'll be paying off my car? I'd like to say it again: we're paying off my car! We've been working pretty hard to save money and make gigantic payments. Now we can start making big payments on Cody's car and build up our savings.
- I can start slowly introducing fall decorations to the house. It's pumpkin time!
- September has cooler weather than August.
- New episodes of my favorite CBS shows! Don't judge me. I'm even excited about the remake of Hawaii 5-O. Maybe I do deserve some judgment.
- Cody and I are going to do some cool things. Like maybe go to a state park, or on some more day trips.
- September's not too early to eat chili, is it? No, of course not. How silly of me. We're going to eat chili!