Monday, September 27, 2010

Hi, Monday!

Just a few announcements:

Today's regularly scheduled baby update is postponed until tomorrow.  I'm sure it's worth the wait.

After teasing me for 4 months, a morning glory blossom appeared on my front porch Saturday morning.  I squealed all over the place and took pictures.  Like this one.


My weekend contained no apple buying.  But I did bring home the first pumpkin of the season!  I don't know what to do with yet, but for now it makes me happy by sitting on the dining room table.

I actually cut Cody's hair yesterday.  It was terrifying and very short, and I never want to do it again.   I probably will, though.  
Cody on Sunday morning, pre-beard trim and pre-haircut.

Cody with a trimmed beard and the shortest hair ever, laughing at Luke and Lorelei's banter.

Knitting projects are awesome.

Cody's cheese dip is awesome.  

On Friday night, I went to a birthday dinner with some lovely friends and this is the only picture I took.

Ta da!  Theme cakes are awesome.

Starbucks on a Saturday night with my favorite date after watching the Razorbacks lose can be awesome.  Especially when you're enjoying the best pumpkin spice latte of the season.

If you wake up feeling sickly on a Sunday morning, an extra 4 hours of sleep and some donuts will cure you because donuts are awesome.

A picture full of fall time awesomeness.


My little fall banner is awesome.


Behold, my fine craftsmanship.

Being married to a bald man who loves to watch Gilmore Girls with you and make chili is awesome.  Even when it's unattractive.

[Picture withheld because Cody looks depressed about his life and I look like I haven't showered even though I did.]

6 comments:

Alana said...

You did a fantastic job on the fall banner!

I am thinking that a Pumpkin Spice Latte should be part of our Girl's Day Out. Just sayin'...

Alana said...

You did a fantastic job on the fall banner!

I am thinking that a Pumpkin Spice Latte should be part of our Girl's Day Out. Just sayin'...

Anonymous said...

1. I like your fall banner!
2. I also (surprisingly) like Cody's haircut, it looks pretty good!
3. Your weekend looked very lovely.
4. I am very, very much looking forward to a baby update. But I'm sure you already knew that...

-Laine

arkansaseden said...

While I read this, I very pointedly said (um, maybe I yelled) to Steve, "MY FRIEND JEN'S HUSBAND WATCHES GILMORE GIRLS WITH HER AND HE PROBABLY LIKES IT."

And he cooks. So there.

arkansaseden said...

While I read this, I very pointedly said (um, maybe I yelled) to Steve, "MY FRIEND JEN'S HUSBAND WATCHES GILMORE GIRLS WITH HER AND HE PROBABLY LIKES IT."

And he cooks. So there.

Jen said...

Alana: Thanks! A pumpkin spice latte should be a part of EVERY day. But it's not, so it's definitely happening on Girl Day.
Laine: Thank you, I told him you said so and he was pleased, it was, and I did know.
Eden: I'm not sure how or when he went from "Please don't watch this around me" when I checked out Season 1 to "Uh, are you going to watch that without me?! Can you wait?" but he did. And he does enjoy it. Unfortunately, he keeps talking during episodes and then I miss the witty dialogue! He asks too many questions...