Friday, September 10, 2010

Anniversary recap!

So.

I had a happy anniversary!  Thank you if you emailed me, texted me, or left a comment on that last post

Alana even sent us a card that called us a "super hot power couple," and Alana is very honest and I nearly always agree with her.  So it must be true.

(Please humor me.)

We're very happy to be married to each other, and we're even happier when you're happy for us.  So thank you!

I went to see Cody at his work last night and brought him the biggest bottle of Fierce Grape Gatorade I could find.  He was grateful.  I also made sure to look cute. I'm sure he was impressed.  And his mom had left a card for us that contained a gift card to the movies!  We're going to have a date night!  If that gift card covers concessions, I will be in heaven.  We love concessions.

In the interest of full disclosure, I'll go ahead and tell you that I went home after some errand running last night and I was wiped out for the day.  I showered and put on pajamas and that was that.  So I was reading in bed, trying to ignore the fact that the kitchen was a little smelly when Cody came home and surprised me with these:

I had green and white roses for my bridal bouquet.  Cody is the man.
What?  What?!  Awwww!

Obviously we had to exchange our cards for each other immediately after this and then I surprised Cody with.....an Almond Joy I'd grabbed at Wal-Mart.  He really likes Almond Joys, but I think I got the better gift this time around.

I demand cards containing heart-felt messages of how special I am a few times a year, and our anniversary is the ultimate occasion.  Cody delivered.  Apparently he was feeling just as happy about being married as I have been.  I'm glad we're on the same page.  

Then he showered and then I ate chips and salsa in bed and made him tell me interesting stories to entertain me because I'm a hot date like that.

And that! was our fourth wedding anniversary.  

Reading back through this, I'm really, really glad we're on the same page with this marriage enthusiasm.   

No comments: