Thursday, April 1, 2010

This is not an April Fool's Day Post.

But it looks like one. I just realized that after reading over everything.

I'm not joking about any of this.


This is, so far, the only birthday present I bought Cody.
Our plan is to go to the grocery store on Monday night (like a date!), and then he will buy food. Any food. I kind of stole the idea from here, although when I told Cody about the part where I would respond enthusiastically to every purchase he seemed unsettled. So he'll buy things and I won't question or limit or cringe. Those are my top three things to do in the grocery store.

Cody's a pretty exploratory guy about cooking, so a lot of the time I have to go ahead and say "Do you really think we'll eat that?" or "Did you remember the [whatever] payment we'll make this week?" to keep costs down. And some times he just grosses me out.

But not on date night! (Within reason.) He's been thinking about it for a couple of weeks, and has some ideas. We're both excited.

For now, though, he at least has a bubble pipe.

This is our bedding situation.

Ta da!
This is how I've been making the bed this week.
Usually only one of us gets a good night's sleep because we're both cover hogs. That person is usually me. I wake up because I can feel the covers moving off of me, and then I yank them and then he yanks them and then I'm awake and angry. And a little cold. Because he is much larger and stronger and does this weird thing where the covers have to be tucked under him for him to feel warm. Just try getting them out from under him.

(No, don't try. Never mind. Don't do that.)

But last weekend, after a peaceful night of sleeping fully and deeply, I woke up completely wrapped in the floral comforter and Cody was sleeping under the quilt. He had woken up cold because I was surrounded by covers, and when he tried to take some, I supposedly made a fuss. So he took the quilt from the bottom of the bed.

I could live like this forever! I don't think I've slept this well since sometime before getting married!

And it only took us 3.5 years to figure out.

Next up for our marriage: peacefully co-existing in a bathroom.

This is our bathroom, by the way.
I took a picture yesterday in case you wanted to see it.

And this is the beautiful Easter-themed vinyl tablecloth in our kitchen.
I'll probably leave it up after Easter because I like eggs. And these colors.
And because the cute red and white checkered one was repeatedly melted after we would pull pans out of the oven and then set on the table without thinking.

And here's the balloon chandelier.
It's starting to look a little sad.
Full disclosure: in spite of trying to be careful about weekly grocery spending, and no-spends, and ordering water, and using the mess out of the library......I falter. A lot. The biggest problem? Going to Target when I'm bored.

Holy smokes. And I know I've mentioned it before, but: Liberty of London for Target. They shall bring about my swift downfall!

I went a few weeks ago, and just bought a three-ring binder. I needed one, it was very pretty and affordable, and I thought it would satiate me.

And it did.

For a week.

And yesterday, after buying Starbucks (I love you!), I ambled over to Target and wound up buying this beauty.


It's a nightgown. It was full price. Do you know how often I buy full price?! Almost never.

But look at the colors!!! All of them!!!

These designs and colors and patterns and details pervade my thoughts, my dreams, my life.

I'm only exaggerating a little. I love colors and patterns and have dreams about them and think about them and now I can wear them to bed.

Or out in public.

With jeans or something.

Consider this your warning.

1 comment:

Alana said...

Love, love, love the nightgown! Hate, hate, hate that I didn't get to go to Starbucks with you! A decaf white chocolate mocha would make my day right about now!