Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Bunny puppets

I know Easter has come and gone again, but I'm just not ready to let go. I know I've talked about this before, but I'm just not ready to move on! It's one of the saddest (or most pitiful) aspects about decorating for seasons: you spend so much time setting things up just how you want them and make your home look completely ready for the holiday and then--poof!--a day on the calendar is over and done and you to take down the glorious adornments and put them away even though they're still so stinking great!

Breaks your heart, doesn't it?

That's why we're going to talk about these guys:


The moment I saw this picture on the Purl Bee, I knew I had to try the project.

So I did.

The first time I tried it, I dragged everything out onto the table and went for it full force.

(Full force apparently requires a tea pot.)

I thought it would be cute to use flannel instead of felt. Flannel is so much softer and the colors were cute and I thought it would be easier to stitch through.

Besides, I'd used felt in January
and February
and March.

Wouldn't it be cute to use flannel instead?

Um, not really.

This little guy was cute and well-loved, as you can see.

But he just wasn't at his best. Because he was unraveling all over the place.

Unraveling is just not festive!

So I bought some felt and tried again a few days later.

And I once again trashed the dining room table. It makes me feel so crafty to spread out my supplies all over a surface. I should probably do a whole post about how I like to do that. It would include pictures. Because I have them. I'm happiest when there's fabric and glitter and pins and glue everywhere, so it's fun to document.

Anyway, this time I used felt. I went ahead and used my green yarn because that's what I had on hand, and then I bought more when I ran out because I love the green yarn. I've talked about that before, too.
And then I had little bunny finger puppets with fluffy green tails!

I was so excited about a successful Purl Bee project (because we don't need to speak of the granny square slippers ever again) that I turned them into presents and then they were successful presents! I put them with Easter presents for Mom and Dad, Sara, Dallas, Jessi, Laine, Levi, and Mrs. Dicy.

Being able to actually do something with a finished project is one of my favorite parts.

When people actually enjoy and appreciate the finished product is another favorite part.

These were a complete and total success!

And I have a few more to finish up if you're interested.

Or I may just save them for next year so I'll be ready.


PS: Does anyone have any ideas about what I can do with some extra flannel?

No comments: