Monday, February 1, 2010

We measured the weekend in snow and episodes of tv on dvd

This was the front yard on Friday morning.
We went for a walk that afternoon.

This is what we saw.







Don't worry: here is the obligatory "snow on our cars" picture.

This was the view on Saturday morning.

Um, where is the alley?

We went for another walk.
Bird tracks!
Also, that's my boot print next to Cody's.

If you squint, you can see the view on Sunday morning.
It looked pretty good to me, and I'd already awakened from a really vivid dream about cake donuts with chocolate icing and multicolored sprinkles.

I knew I had to brave the elements for donuts. Since the roads looked clear, and I hadn't left the house in 2 days, I went for it.

This is what my car looked like from the inside.

And..... here's the back after 5 minutes of attempted defrosting.

Cody's car was in the sunshine.
So I took it.
And I got my donut!

But it did not hold me over.
We went to the store hungry
and I intentionally stocked up in preparation for the no-spend month.

Oh, and one more tiny detail.
I finished the quilt that I intended to give Cody for Christmas. I'll tell you all about it some time.

No comments: