Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Lunchtime thoughts.

These are some of my winter/Valentine decorations:

This guy is essential.














I know famous people. No big deal. This guy and his family have babysat us tons of times and we went to church with them and they're some of the nicest people we know. Not mentioned in the article (but it seems really important to me): they know how to clog. No kidding.

I'm reading The Historian, by Elizabeth Kostova for the third or fourth time. She has a new book out, but I don't know if I'll like it as much.

I'm getting my teeth cleaned this afternoon. Yay.

We're going strong on the no-spend adventure!, but that may be due to the fact that it's the second day of the month. I'm trying to not think about it very much.

I'd like to talk about how much I love Lion Brand yarns. I know I've professed my love for them before, but really. It's a glorious brand. I use it for tons of stuff. AND THEN!!!: A catalog showed up a few weekends ago and tears of happiness nearly sprang to my eyes.

Have you tried the Fisherman's Wool? I've got the Oatmeal and the Maple Tweed and they are delightful. I doubt there are a lot of fishermen out there washing their sweaters in just cold water (maybe with a little Woolite) and then laying their burly fisherman sweaters flat to dry, but you can use this stuff for some lovely wristwarmers and scarves.

I currently have nothing checked out from the library. It's time for a break. This break will probably only last another week or so, but I'm enjoying the simplicity for now. There are dozens of unread books at home.

I'd like to go through some of these unread books and use up a lot of the yarn that's just sitting around and clean up some things around the house. I also have a really large paper grocery sack full of granny squares that I need to turn into an afghan.

Unread books, unused yarn, half-finished posts lying in wait--I need to take care of some things.

No comments: