Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Not a year-end post

Let's be jaded, okay?

The year is drawing to a close. If you wanted a year-end post from me, I think I'm going to let you down. Sorry. But I had one almost completed, and it bored me. If you want to know how my year went, you can sift through older posts. Because if anything happened to me, and even when it didn't, I usually told you all about it.

Further jadedness: you will have to pay taxes in a few months. If you're super-vigilant, at the end of January. If you're like me, not at the end of January.

So. Give yourself a tax break and donate to a charity.

There's a good chance you thought about it earlier in the month, when you were feeling all Christmas-y and charitable and filled with the love of Christ and the generosity of Santa.

And if you didn't, now's your chance to pretend.

Because I'm such a nice person, I'm submitting two worthy causes for your consideration: my friends.

Seriously.

They're lovely people with admirable goals. They also lack the funds and inclination to send you junk mail for months after you make your donation. Score!

  1. The March for Babies (from March of Dimes). This is Erin's page. She had her son, Isaac, just a few weeks into her third trimester and now her family has picked March of Dimes as one of their focuses when it comes to giving. Anything you give will be very appreciated--last year she told me someone gave $6, and she was thrilled. Donating is really secure, and very easy, and the walk itself is really fun (if you're so interested). I went last year and had a great time. Plus, now Isaac and I are practically best friends.
  2. Jessi. She's a teacher at a private school for special needs kids that gives a lot of scholarships. And they just built a new building. Because the old one was very old. Low-income, special needs, non-profit, pretty teacher. I'm sure you're already crying and completely ready to make your six-dollar donation.

Full disclosure: I have not yet donated to either of these people. It will have to wait until January (hello, down payment on a car and sales tax! We did not expect you!). But you can save on this year's taxes while there's still a little bit of time left!

Think of The Children!

Think of tax deductions.

Think of how great it is to be able to help people you know. I like giving to charities. I like helping my friends more.

And, in case you don't know my friends,


now you can at least picture them. And if you've already picked your charities, maybe this will help you remember for the next time you can afford to feel generous.

I assure you, Isaac and I really close friends. Yes. He just told a really funny joke in the picture above and that's why I'm cracking up. He is definitely not trying to squirm away from me. At all.

Yay giving!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Woo Hoo! Thanks for the plug for March of Dimes! Seriously, I get really excited over just a dollar or two. That pic of Isaac cracks me up...I dont realize how much he has grown up until I compare that to today...wow! And he actually has hair now too. Hope you can come out with us this year too!!

Cars4Charities said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.