Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Timing

Dear you people,

I will be off work tomorrow.

I will spend the day sleeping, knitting, maybe going to the library, and getting allergy tested.

That's right, kids! Time to see if my allergy serum should be changed up a little!

It should be a blast.

I'll be weighed, and I'll probably make them measure my height.

They'll test my lung function, my breathing, my nose, and my ears.

Then a nice nurse person will write some numbers on my back and place allergens just below my skin to see if it gets inflamed or whelp-ish to see just how allergic to things I am.

Cute.

Have I mentioned I haven't taken any kind of decongestant, antihistamine, or stuffy-nose-medicine since Friday morning? Yeah, you can't take those.

This is necessary and long overdue.

Fall is not really the best time to go off your allergy medication, but it worked out.

I'm off tomorrow for Veterans' Day and don't have to use any of my sick time!

And because I won't be going back in to work, I can head straight home and take all the Benadryl I want.

Now that I think about it, my timing is actually pretty great.

No comments: