Friday, November 20, 2009

Happy Friday, happy list.

Happy Friday!

It's time for a happy list.
  1. The weekend will be here very soon!
  2. Last night, I started making some more pumpkins.
  3. I have leftover macaroni and cheese and okra for lunch.
  4. I saw an Iowa quarter this week and discovered the motto "Foundation in education." I intend to ask my Iowan brother-in-law why he uses so many double negatives if that is the case. I meant to ask him last night, but he asked me to Thanksgiving lunch, then Thanksgiving supper, and then kicked me off the phone in under 4 minutes so I didn't have the chance. He even managed to begin berating me for going to Wal-Mart after 8 p.m. until I told him I was there with a friend. I felt loved.
  5. I bought some more foundation last night. Foundation is really great for covering up what your skin actually looks like. That sounds like a dumb and shallow thing to say, but for right now, I would prefer you not see what my skin actually looks like.
  6. The sun is shining today.
  7. When I checked my email this morning, my mom had sent me this article. I would have seen it anyway, but it was more exciting to see it in an email along with Mom's ideas and suggestions.
  8. This is currently my favorite picture of Cody. Laine took it back in August. It's very...him. I would like to point out that he has clearly lost weight since then. Yay for being fit!
  9. My husband is Rubenesque. It's attractive. He seems concerned that I would use this term for a man, but still. However you want to describe it, he is handsome and that makes me very happy.
  10. The cold has yet to kill my solitary marigold plant on the back porch. It's a nice spot of orange cheerfulness at our back door.
  11. I finally remembered to buy gum. I love gum.
  12. Last Sunday my parents were in the area and they came by to see us because I didn't feel well and Mom had never met my house. I made her look at all my arts and crafts and she dutifully praised each project. She genuinely seemed to enjoy the banner in the hallway of these pictures.
(Photo by Brian)

These are against a green satin ribbon (yes, I still have tons of green ribbon left over from my wedding) with blue knots. It's cute.
13. Thanksgiving is less than a week away!
14. My birthday is less than a month away! I will be 27. I'm such a big girl.
15. Arts and crafts.

No comments: