Friday, October 23, 2009

We'll pretend I'm non-conformist

Good morning.

I'm really relieved that it's Friday.

What am I wearing right now?

I'm so glad you asked.

Denim shirt (hush).*

Dark gray pants.

And tan shoes with blue flowers on them that would almost be appropriate if I was wearing brown pants.

Because when I was about to walk out the door this morning, I really thought I was wearing brown pants.

The shoes that would almost work if I was wearing brown pants most definitely do not work with dark gray pants.

It seemed like a good time to bring out this story again.

Happy Friday, friends.

*I actually bought this shirt back in the summer of 2001, just before I went to college. Mom said I had to buy something other than more t-shirts. She even sent Laine with me. I'm not sure what we were thinking. I was 18 and still bought clothes big enough that I could have some extra growing room. Does that not just break your heart? But I did grow. At least a little. But this shirt is still as baggy and frumpy as ever.

But I will say this: kudos to J. C. Penney for their durable casual wear.

No comments: