Friday, October 9, 2009

Storms, arts, maybe crafts

Oh my goodness, they've got the heat on in here!

Yes, that is the first thing on my mind this Friday morning.

I made it into to work safely, with a lot of help from my rubber boots and umbrella. And then I walked into our office and it is sweltering.

I think I'm going to pass out!

I opened my window, but then the scary and strong wind seemed to be blowing rain in. I couldn't have that.

Okay, maybe I can have that.

I don't care if my open window lets a tornado right in. I am sweaty and it's not even 8:30.

Gracious.

So yes, I'm taking a break from worrying about lightning and wind and rain and those incredibly dark clouds (oh, and work. I actually have a lot of work ahead of me) to say "hello" and that I hope you have a fantastic weekend and that maybe you'll get to enjoy the fair or catching up on laundry or binge drinking or visiting your grandparents or taking naps or whatever it is you do on weekends.

I plan on taking Cody to work superearly for the last time, visiting the laundromat and reading a library book, and apparently our neighborhood is having a block party. I've never been to one, but now seems like a good time to check it out.

AND: attempting to make some slippers.

Remember last time, when I said that I would try this?

People freaked out.

Freaking out on facebook, freaking out via email, freaking out on the blog.

I had no idea people felt so strongly about arts and crafts, but I was heartened to learn this.

So I went home and attempted it.

I confused myself greatly.

I didn't pay very close attention to the whole 'heel' part and 'toe' part' and 'side' parts and was just pulling squares out of a bag and crocheting them together.

While watching television.

In the dark.

While sleepy.

I was essentially about to make a very small, slightly lumpy, afghan.

It was not ideal.

But this weekend, I'm definitely going to try again.

I'll definitely try to concentrate for your sake.

Definitely.

1 comment:

AlanaT said...

I am thrilled to hear you are going to persevere on the slipper project. I can't wait to hear how it ends up! Good luck this weekend!