Monday, October 12, 2009

Good morning in the afternoon.

Hello!

Okay: I attempted the slipper project again last night.

I apparently did everything backwards.

But I think I'm getting the hang of this!

Maybe.

I'll keep trying. I'm enjoying myself over here.

In other groundbreaking news, we bought a 'new' car this weekend.

It's not very new at all.

But it's in mostly good shape.

Does it have the same magical superpowers as the Saturn?

Of course not.

Will it take Cody to work and back?

We certainly hope so.

Cody starts his new schedule at work this week, and if we didn't have a second car, I was going to have to start taking the bus.

Nothing against public transit, but there are strangers on the bus.

I really do not like strangers.

Ahem.

But I had a nice weekend in which we woke up at 5:30 a.m. for the last time for a while (we hope), and I got to see my parents, and two-thirds of Cody's immediate family, plus Spencer's hair (which is becoming its own being. I'm horrified, yet fascinated.), washed tons of clothes, and saw people, and went to the library.

Glorious story involving the library: Cody found Season One of Star Trek: Voyager, which is one of my favorite shows.

I was afraid to rent it because there's always the possibility of something you thought was fantastic when you were 11 turning out to be absolutely awful (see Family Matters and Sea Quest. Actually, don't.).

But Cody took the chance of shattering my childhood memories because he'd never seen the first episode, and ........

it was still fantastic! We're really excited about watching the rest of the season, especially during this cold weather.

And that, dear readers, is how nerd love works.

So. It was a lovely weekend, and today is a pretty productive day.

I hope you are well.

I also hope that the sun comes out some time this week.

One can dream.

PS: I was informed that Dallas is sometimes disappointed when the blog has no pictures. So here is one of us (looking odd).

I hope you enjoy this, my tall friend.

1 comment:

AlanaT said...

I'm so excited about your slipper progress!
What kind of car did you guys get? This blog was full of exciting news!