Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I'm back


I left for Destin on Friday and came home last night.

My debit card was canceled the night before, I had some kind of crushing health breakdown, had to borrow cash from my parents, stumbled into things in a medicated stupor, and missed my husband.

I saw the ocean for the first time in over a decade, went swimming, went shopping, spent time with dear friends, played in the sand, stumbled into things in a medicated stupor (it can be fun if you're not working or driving!), and slept in a bed without my husband for 3 glorious nights.

I must say it: I like sleeping alone sometimes.

All in all, it was a beautiful trip with delightful people. I'll try to develop my film tonight.

If I remember the context for some of the pictures I took, I'll tell you stories about them.

I chickened out of bringing my camera on the trip at the last minute and took some disposable cameras to be exposed to my forgetfulness, and sand, and the risk of water instead.

I still brought 2 rolls of film on the trip anyways. The whole adventure was kind of like that.


By the way, this is me staggering into the water on our first day. And Jeff. He's fully clothed.

We ♥ beach.

I'm just as pale now as I am in the picture. Why don't you just look at the ocean instead?

But it is nice to be back home, safe and sound.

We even came home early enough for Cody to bring me home and we got to talk and see each other and I showed him things I bought.

And we made it through places like Mississippi and Alabama unscathed.

I ♥ home.

No comments: