Friday, September 18, 2009

Gum, work, weekend, lists

If I could say anything nice about today it would be this:

  1. I had a Snickers bar for breakfast.
  2. Cody is picking me up from work early.
  3. Today was his last day at his current job. Next week, he'll go back to the family restaurant and get back to feeding people. And we all know how much he likes his family and feeding people.
So I thought I'd end the meagerly happy list with that very happy news I've been holding onto for a little while.

Food.

Family.

A better boss (his mom*).

Better pay.

Better people.

Happiness.


Oh, and this:

(from nataliedee.com)

It made me think of Mom. She doesn't have trouble with her hair, but we used to, and she said Laine and I went through a phase when we would settle arguments by sticking a wad of gum in each other's hair.

Then we would apparently run to her yelling, "There's gum in my hair!" gesturing wildly at our heads as if she couldn't see the unnaturally pink blob stuck to our scalps.

Since I don't quite remember this, her retelling of it seemed hilarious. Almost like we were laughing at 2 other kids and their weirdness. Not like us at all.

This cartoon is funny and all, but the more I look at it, the more I think I'll stick with Altoids for a while.


*When we were weighing the pros and cons and trying to figure out the logistics, I pointed out that his mom was already his boss. Then I laughed. He was not amused and I don't know why.

No comments: