Wednesday, August 26, 2009

In case you need to know what I'm thinking about right now

This is a picture I took one lovely Saturday afternoon of Cody's mom's pear tree.

Last week, I was walking from the dining room to the hallway that leads to the bedroom when Cody jumped out from nowhere (okay, the kitchen) blocked the entryway with his massive body and said, in the most ominous and urgent monotone possible,

"Did you know blueberries can help you see in the dark."


Just like that. No question mark at the end or anything.

I burst out laughing. And then snorted for a few minutes after that.

Cody was offended.

"You know, I found that out today and I thought it was interesting and I thought you might want to know that. I'm sorry my wanting to share this knowledge with you seems so funny. Glad you find that hilarious."


I didn't start snorting while laughing until I went to college. It's like I hit a new environment and my allergies changed and something inside my head shifted and nothing's been quite right since. It was quite handy, really.

If you want to be considered really cool, plop yourself into an environment where you know almost no one and be the kid who snorts when she laughs.

Boys will line up around the block to date you after that.

My snack for today is peaches and blueberries.

I'm currently reading The Luddites: Machine-Breaking in Regency England by Malcolm Thomas. I love it.

Last night, Cody smashed lots of grapes while I prepared our snacks for today and swept all the floors and rearranged some furniture. We froze the juice and will use it to make two batches of grape jelly at our convenience. Cody is excited and mentioned something last night about being able to eat PB&J sandwiches for weeks on end.

Cody seems concerned with having enough food to last for a certain event these days. He did a little volunteering at the farmer's market this past weekend and got to help himself to some extras that were leftover. That's where the grapes came from. He also brought home some potatoes.

That afternoon, we talked about the extra produce and I swear to you this is pretty much how it happened.

"We've got enough potatoes to last a lifetime. We could survive a famine. Our own potato famine."*


And then I think he fell asleep.

He says he has no memory of this.

However, he also has no memory of when we purchased our car.

The year was 2006, if you're curious.

I think that's all I have to say. I hope you have a lovely Wednesday.


*No, it's not really that much. Maybe 2 lbs.

Update: I am also crocheting a scarf for myself and I feel really awesome about it.

No comments: