Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Pictures of Iowan stereotypes

I should have figured this out sooner, but didn't.

PS: Hi there, how was your weekend? Mine was spent almost entirely in the car or outdoors in the wind. It was fantastic.

Also fantastic: Mom let me play with her camera, ensuring that I could take and delete photos instantly (this instant gratification is probably why I have yet to develop my own roll of film).

BUT THEN: I had the hardest time uploading the silly things! I tried to send 2 pictures to Sara and met the limit on my email's message.

These pictures were enormous.

Enormous.

So big it was unseemly.

So I resized them into something a little more manageable.

Not to worry, the originally sized ones are still in Mom's camera, on her computer, on a disk I have in case we want to blow any of these up in high quality, 27" x 38" portraits.

I am only exaggerating a little bit.

Although I really wouldn't mind having a few 8" x 10"s of these.

Tell me this isn't one of the cutest pictures you've ever seen.

Chad's brother Brian has a flywheel tractor (you start it up by turning this wheel, which gets the engine going. There's no electricity on the whole contraption. Very cool). He started it up and Chad and Sara went for a ride.
It looks like they're having fun.
They probably are, the little farmers.


Both of our other siblings have seen this pictures.
Both of our other siblings have expressed disbelief that Sara didn't fall off and injure herself.

Especially once Chad started turning donuts in the middle of the road.

You know how guys get. They start doing donuts on the tractor and it's all over then.

And away they go.....

No comments: