Friday, June 26, 2009

Because weekends are just so great

Hello there,

I'm typing this up on my mom's tiny computer, so please forgive any errors that may show up in this. I'm the car, we're speeding through Missouri, the sun is glaring on the screen, and I have no idea where this Internet is coming from.

My parents are reading an atlas, desperately trying to figure out how to get around Kansas City at rush hour, and Cody is trying to sleep. I'm pretty sure he's failing. We're trekking to ....... somewhere in Iowa for the Iowa reception phase of the Sara-Chad Year-Long Wedding Spectacular.

I can think of a no better way to spend my Friday.

It's been a long and nasty week for a lot of us. Every friend I've talked to has had a bad time lately. I'm really grateful for all of you who took time away from your own stressful routines to tell us on facebook that you were thinking about us and Cody's beloved Saturn. We still don't know what we're going to do about that, but we'll be a little better equipped to handle things now that my work's period of crazy time is past.

For now, I'm just going to enjoy this long-awaited weekend.

And I hope that you are able to do the same.

1 comment:

Laine said...

Have fun! I was lonely today with no one to talk to!