Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Science of Sleep Live!

Okay, I went to Catholic High's Battle of the Bands on April 6th. And after waiting through 5 other acts to see Spencer's band, what did I do? Well, I didn't get closer to the band to take pictures, that's for sure. This was partly because I'd lost feeling below the waist from sitting on those horrible bleachers (so that's why people stand up at sporting events!). It was also because I allowed my fear of teenagers to control me, which was stupid. I told myself that I didn't want to embarrass Spencer, but that's a lie, too. He doesn't embarrass to easily, and really I don't care. But anyway, I sat far away and played around with aperture depth, which didn't turn out so great. Oh well. Here we go:

Picture 1
Either Dylan is waving to his mom, or trying to distract us while they're still trying to set up some things.
Yes, the pink blur behind him is a cape.
Spencer is behind the drums and speakers.
Picture 2
Okay, here's all 4 of the members of The Science of Sleep.
I actually kind of like this one because the bluriness is fun.

Picture 3
Here's where I just went ahead and used the flash.

Picture 4
Here's Cody, Spencer, and Mrs. Dicy afterwards.

Not pictured: my awesome iron-on letters t-shirt (which I'm currently sleeping in because it's soft), the band's fans (of which there were many), or the Guitar Hero competition (good riddance).

Next time, I'll get right up front and be in the way and stuff.

No comments: