Thursday, April 3, 2008

List of Spectacular Happiness

Believe it or not, there are things, events, and people that fill me with great joy. This is a list I started thinking about a few days ago when I realized how much I loved to watch Cody laugh. Then, after a foul mood that lasted the morning and half of my lunch, I got happy. Mostly because I got to have lunch outdoors in the semi-sunshine and warm weather with my parents. I like them. They saw my office and met a few co-workers and then I walked them to the car and got to spend some time with Mozart the Great Big Dog. So here is a list of some things that make me happy:
  • Cody laughing. Of course he shakes like a bowl full of jelly! It's so happy.
  • When babies sneeze. Yes, there's usually a horrible mess everywhere afterwards, but it's hysterical.
  • Cody's beard.
  • Cody's cooking.
  • Let's just say Cody and be done with it, okay?
  • Music I enjoy. Journey. Lynyrd Skynyrd. Generic 90s 'alternative' (thanks, Laine!). Motown. Anything I can dance to with Cody.
  • Gum. I love gum. I could never become Catholic because Cody says you can't chew gum during the services. I have a hard time with transubstantiation and original sin, but what's a church service without gum?!
  • I had lunch with my parents. They listen to my stories. They put up with some of my more offensive statements. That would be a good list some time.
  • Friends who make me eat.
  • Family people who make me laugh
  • Pictures
  • Books. Glorious, good-smelling books.
  • Yarn.
  • Fabric. I love fabric. I usually don't do too much with it but the occasional draft stopper or apron project, but still.
  • My siblings' hair. This includes Dallas and his cowlicks. It just makes me smile.
  • Grammar
  • Wood
  • Every other Monday when I don't have to get an allergy shot
  • Rubber boots
  • Dirt
  • Plants. Nearly all of them.
  • Holiday decorations. Again, nearly all of them. I would even get more into Kwanzaa if it was a little more commercialized and had better decorations.
  • Chicken paraphernalia
  • Actual chickens
  • Highlighters. They're the best.
  • Candles
  • My car. It has great gas mileage and a quick defroster and there are rare occasions when I get to outrace the morons in the Dodge duelies and F-350s, mostly because they don't have a very good idea of what they're doing. I mean, neither do I, but my car is still awesome. I still won't be racing anyone in my family any time soon.
  • LOLcats
  • Remember that time I saw My Morning Jacket live and they played some never-before-heard new songs and I found out Jim James was growing his hair and beard back out? Explosion of happiness right there
  • Laine and I are going to Memphis in May, which is something we've wanted to do for 7 or 8 years now.
  • I'm going to the literary festival this weekend. I asked Mom if I could take Dallas with me. She didn't seem too keen on the idea.
  • Dallas
  • Mozart. I hugged him today. Then I got slobber on my shirt.
  • Mamaw Myrtle's voice
  • Saving money. Cody has been offered the senior discount at Kroger on TWO separate occasions. Of course we took it!
  • There are people who trust me to be in their weddings after seeing me in mine. Bless their hearts.
  • Play-doh smell
  • I get to go home now

No comments: