Monday, January 14, 2008

Weekend email?

Instead of my usual weekend review, I'm going to let you get caught up with everything through my emails with Laine this morning. Most of it is reproduced with her permission, and I've corrected some of the spelling errors.


From: Laine
To: Jen
Subject: Monday
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008
08:14:10 -0600

Hello, have a good weekend? We didn’t do too much, but I guess it was fun. I don’t think we did anything Friday night, because I can’t really remember. We’ve been watching Prison Break, so I’m sure that’s what we were doing. Saturday David came over and he and Robert went to pick up the couches while I went to the bank, then we all went to Steak & Shake for lunch. After David left, Robert and I took showers and stuff, and we went and looked at apartments. We went to Mississippi, we found some really good ones. They’re about the same distance from where I work as our apartment is now. And if Robert starts working at Fed Ex, it’ll be closer for him. So we’re thinking about that. We’ve heard that MS has some weird taxes, so we need to check on that. Saturday night we went to Pei Wei, Best Buy and Target, just kind of running around. I got some new button up shirts for work, but I didn’t try them on, and they’re too big, so I need to take them back. We rearranged furniture for forever Saturday night, the living room is looking pretty cute now. Once we take that other couch back to Robert’s mom, it’ll look really good. It’s a little crowded in there right now. Sunday we slept in and didn’t go to church, again. We’ve got to get better about that. We watched the Cowboy’s game, they lost. Then we went to Wal-Mart and did some grocery shopping and that was it.

I would call it a nice boring weekend. Which is good, because this coming up weekend, we’re going to Robert’s, and they’re taking the wheels and tires off his truck and putting the factory ones back on, thank goodness. And I’m going to Jackson on Saturday to get my hair cut, so we’ll be pretty busy. How was y'all's weekend?


From: Jen
Sent: Monday, January 14
, 2008 8:41 AM
To: Laine
Subject: RE: Monday



Our weekend was pretty slow. We slept in on Saturday, ate lunch at the restaurant, visited Cody's grandma, and his family while he downloaded the stuff. Then we went to Wal-Mart and got decongestants, then I took down the hideous door thing I always complain about in front of our laundry stuff while Cody went to clean out his car (why doesn't he ever clean out my car? hmmmm) and when he came back we went to Target and bought a rod and shower curtain for the laundry spot and ran into a guy from school. Actually we'd seen him the entire time and didn't want to say 'hi' because he's the freakiest form of shiny happy exuberance ever, but we were going to have to walk right past him to get out the door so we went for it. Awkward. Incredibly awkward. Like, someone slept together awkward. [I would like to add that neither Cody or I have ever done anything even remotely inappropriate with Kendall Wagner, or his wife, who we'd just met. EVER.] Weird. Went home. I took a shower and we ate pizza and I talked to Levi on the phone and we watched more TV and went to bed. On Sunday we slept in (I took Nyquil the night before because I'm starting to feel sick-esque, but it might just be the cold weather.) and went to the grocery store and ran some errands. Jeff came over for soup. I didn't develop any film, sadly. I will tell you more stories throughout the day, but now I have to actually do some work because it's a replacement volume and I have to get some headway on it. Especially since Darlene gave me a pretty good performance review.

From: Laine
To: Jen
Subject: RE: Monday
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 09:07:05 -0600

Yeah, I’ve got work to do too. Sounds like your weekend was about the same speed as ours. David’s coming over for supper tonight, so that’s fun. We’re having poppy-seed chicken, I love poppy seed chicken. I put the chicken breast in the fridge last night to start thawing. I need to clean out my car, but I’m sure I won’t actually do it. There are about 6 or 7 empty water bottles in the floor, because I drink a bottle of water almost every day on my way to work.

Glad you got a good review, do you get a raise now? I’m sure you probably don’t, but that would be nice. Have fun with that replacement volume.

From: Jen
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 9:19 AM

To: Laine
Subject: RE: Monday

I somehow doubt it. The replacement volume's not so bad. And it gives me a good reason to sit in the office with the door closed so I can listen to my new My Morning Jacket CD. It's the one from 2001, 'At Dawn' and I've wanted it for a while. Cody got me that a t-shirt of theirs for Christmas, but the office said they didn't have it. We came home Friday to find it in the blue chair in our living room. It had sat in the office for nearly a month because the address on the label didn't have out apt. number on it. When we asked the chick about it Saturday morning, she said she finally looked up our last name in the computer (real detective work there). I was going to tell her to never come in our house again because the office has our cell phone numbers --even a note would've sufficed! Geez Louise. B & E for the sake of delivering a package we've gone without for forever is stupid. When maintenance people do it, they have to leave a note. But she seemed so flustered and scared and was annoying me so we just left. That's our Friday story. The CD's good. And I have attached a picture of the shirt. I have worn it twice.

From: Laine
To: Jen
Subject: RE: Monday
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 09:46:08 -0600

That’s a pretty cool shirt, I liked it. I would be crazy mad if the people from the apartment came in our house with out calling first. That’s got to be some kind of violation, even if it is the landlord or whatever. That is nuts. I can’t believe they didn’t even try to call first. That’s a pretty good story though. I wish I had my own little office, instead of being up here at the front. When do you have to move out of your office for the new attorney to move in?


From: Jennifer
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 10:08 AM
To: Laine
Subject: RE: Monday

I was freaking out. I thought maybe we had crazy stalker neighbors who were also planting hidden cameras--did I talk about the time someone knocked on our door one night, covered the peephole with their finger and when I opened the door, there was a UPS package that apparently someone had signed for? Yikes. Did that stop me from talking to myself while I was absolutely convinced someone was spying on us from within the apartment? Of course not. Got to put on a good show for the voyeurs. I am eating a new kind of breakfast bar because I found out the ones I had been eating had glycerin listed in the ingredients list. As in the song by Bush. As in soap. As in bombs. GLYCERIN! Yummy, yummy, yummy, in my tummy. Scary. Nonetheless, these new ones aren't that great.

The new attorney comes on the 28th (Monday). I plan to start moving my stuff over on the 23rd (preceding Wednesday).

From: Laine
To: Jen
Subject: RE: Monday
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:18:45 -0600

Um, yeah, someone covering up the peep hole, period, would really freak me out. I’m probably never going to stop talking to myself at home, so I seriously hope no one ever bugs our house, because they are going to hear a lot of boring stuff that they don’t really care about. And probably nothing pertaining to why they might have bugged the apartment in the first place. The guys that live below us have a lot of parties on the weekend, and we don’t really mind. It’s not really that loud in our bedroom, so it doesn’t bother me, and it’s only on the weekends, and they do always invite us. We’ve never gone, but whatever, they’re nice boys who help us when we have to carry something heavy up the stairs. Well Friday night I woke up at 2 because Robert was snoring. And while I was awake I could hear them outside on the little landing thing, and I’m still not sure what was going on, but it sounded like someone was having a fight, and doors kept slamming and all kinds of yelling and stuff was going one. But I couldn’t hear what they were saying or what was going one. I cannot tell you how much I wanted to get out of bed and go peek out the door. I knew I didn’t need to, but it was a crazy strong urge. I didn’t do it, and I’m still wondering what was going on.

From: Jen
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 10:36 AM
To: Laine
Subject: RE: Monday

I always want to get in the middle of neighbors' fights so badly. Mostly because I just want to know what's going on and then make it stop. Ugh. That's very nice of them to invite you guys. You should accept next time and find out the fuss was about this past weekend. I think I'll just repost these emails as a blog instead of doing my usual weekend review if that's okay with you. I'll take out your email address. Now, quick! Say something funny!

From: Laine
To: Jen
Subject: RE: Monday
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:37:04 -0600

I farted?

From: Jen
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 10:43 AM
To: Laine
Subject: RE: Monday

I laughed at that a lot, but still. You disappoint me. I'm going to pretend to work for a while if that's okay with you.

From: Laine
To: Jen
Subject: RE: Monday
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:53:40 -0600

Yeah that’s fine with me. I’ve been working in between emails. Don’t really put that part of the email in your blogs. Well, actually, I don’t really care if you do, but whatever.

From: Jen
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 11:39 AM
To: Laine
Subject: RE: Monday

I'm still debating [about leaving that part in]. I'm just listening to more videos on youtube now. I'm going to do a mix CD for Cody for Valentine's. It'll have to be recorded on tape because of the Saturn of course, but I can do that some Tuesday night when he's in class. Mostly just love songs that will make him roll his eyes. I can't find out who sings that song "Oh How Happy You Have Made Me" you know that one? I was thinking about it the other day and realized a lot of oldies would make the list.

From: Laine
To: Jen
Subject: RE: Monday
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 11:50:47 -0600

I don’t know what I’m going to get Robert. I’m sure we’re not doing real gifts, I’ll at least get him a card. A mix tape is a good idea though. I’m not sure who sings that song, but you’re right, oldies will probably be some of the best ones. They’ll prompt lots of eye rolling.

From: Jen
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 11:59 AM
To: Laine
Subject: RE: Monday

But they're the best! That's one of the happiest songs ever. Last year, I bought Cody a package of socks because he was almost out and the Shins album. Since I didn't think I'd be able to wrap it before he got home, I put it in the bag of socks. I was in the shower when he got home and he thanked me for the socks, and I told him we could listen to the CD on the way to work and he was totally confused. He thought the socks were all he was getting so he just left the bag by his chair where he could put on a new pair in the morning. Goober. He'll also roll his eyes because I put deliberately bad stuff on there. Usually Nickelback, but I think this time I'll do Avril Lavigne's "Hot." Those Canadians are always good for that sort of thing.

From: Laine
To: Jen
Subject: RE: Monday
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 12:01:20 -0600

Haha, that is a really good song. I don’t know though, I could see Cody really actually liking “Hot.” He’s weird like that sometimes. He’s liked some Fergie songs in the past. It's okay though, Robert likes Shakira, “Hips Don’t Lie.”

From: Jen
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 12:07 PM
To: Laine
Subject: RE: Monday

Everyone likes "Hips Don't Lie"!!! Jessi said she didn't like it one time and the table got really quiet. Cody's downloaded Avril songs before, but I don't think he likes that one. But it's so good! Ludacris's "What's Your Fantasy" will be put on there in all seriousness, though. Seriously. I've only done this 2 or 3 times, but the last time I included Jewel's cover of Fleetwood Mac's "You Make Lovin' Fun". I am open to suggestions.

From: Laine
Sent: Mon 1/14/08 12:10 PM
To: 'Jen'

Ooh, “Fantasy” is a good one. Hmm, I’m trying to think of some good love songs. And, sadly, I’m drawing a blank. I’m about to go eat my turkey sandwich, I’ll think on it for a while, see if I can come up with anything good.


Okay, well now you're all caught up on both of our weekends and our Monday morning. Any song suggestions? Yes of course I am considering lots of Elvis things even if Cody's not a big fan.

No comments: