Monday, December 17, 2007

Birthday Weekend

My weekend began with a trip to Joe's Garage to pick up the Saturn. Cody says she handles pretty well, and he started it up this morning with no trouble. Yay Saturn. Then we did some Christmas shopping and went home and ate a frozen pizza.

Saturday: since my birthday weekend was starting, I got my first birthday gift from Cody, which was the My Morning Jacket CD, Tennessee Fire. We listened to it on the way to Romance. We were all hungry, so we went to Pizza Hut in Cabot. Cody and I rode with Sara and Dallas. We sang a lot. I got a present from Mom and Dad, some really cute sewing tools and some money. I can't believe I didn't take a picture of the sewing stuff, yet. When I get home I will. After the pizza settled, we ate cupcakes and played board games. Dallas, who was spending the weekend, and Sara played Cody and me in Scrabble. They won, and Dallas learned a little bit about using the dictionary. He's 6, by the way. We played Scrabble, and Life, and Phase 10. We gave Dallas his Christmas present early, which was Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel. Dallas was somewhat pleased, but Rick and Gail were pretty ecstatic. I read it while Dallas played a video game. The story's still good. It was a fun time. I got to hug Dallas goodnight before he went to bed. He was laying in his pallet in Mom and Dad's room and he hugged my neck tightly and said, "Hey, you remember when Levi threw you on the couch [this was the weekend after Thanksgiving]?" and my mom interjected, "and hurt her leg?" to which Dallas replied, "Yeah, and hurt your leg?" I said I did, and he gave a little laugh and said, "That was so funny." (Levi and I started shoving each other the last time he was home and wrestled a little. The event ended (badly) when he got me in a kind of headlock and picked me up--literally kicking and screaming--and threw me down on the loveseat. The couch and I have since recovered.) I hugged him a little more and told him to brush his teeth because I could see he'd been eating Rick's cashews. What a strange little child. He makes us happy. Mom and Dad sent us home with some of my mail and my birthday cupcakes.

Sunday: we went to church. It was a Christmas special, so we were there a long time. I'm glad we had breakfast beforehand. Then we went to Wal-Mart, but they couldn't develop my film. Then we went to Kroger. Then we ate lunch. Then we did a little more shopping, and bought some pizzas and had dinner at Cody's mom's house. Casey and Katie had made it in safely from Missouri and we had a lovely dinner of pizza (3 days running now) from Damgoode Pies, which is a big deal if you're a Bennett, for some reason. I got a big picture frame from Cody's mom that holds 6 4 x 6 photos. Yesssss! I'm pretty excited. I don't know where I'll put it yet, but I'm happy. We spent the rest of the evening discussing appropriate wedding gifts and the wonders of the new George Foreman grill with interchangeable plates. Then we went home and fell asleep. Then we woke up today. Cody wished me a happy birthday and I was surprised to have forgotten all about it. It's going pretty well so far. Now I'm 25. It seems like a nice, solid number.

No comments: